Great for maximizing flexible travel††

Annual fee

$550

4.2

Mar 30 2018
Approved! But not instantly.

I was originally going to apply for the preferred card, but I was convinced by my friend to go with the Reserve instead. My score was TU 664 and I wanted to wait till I reach 680 or above for the card. I went through the application process and received the 30 days email notification. I then called the automated status line and the notification went to 7-10 days. At this point, I thought I was denied. The next following day, I decided to call the Recon line. It turns out that they needed to go through a verification process for fraud purposes. After that, I was Approved for 10k! If you did receive the 30 days email, do not wait. Call the status line first then the Recon number. My info below. TU:664 EQ:669 0 Derog 80% Utilization 94% Payments (No late payments in the last 5-6 years) 10 Years Credit age 25 Open Account

Oct 08 2018
Awful

I had the card for 1 week and they closed the account because I didn't use it quick enough and because of concerns they had. So if you had concerns why give me a card then close it a week later... So now I'll have a hard hit on my credit and another for them closing it... Thanks Chase.... Will never open a Chase account again. I'll stick to capital one...

Jul 15 2020

May 23 2020

Apr 24 2020
Credit karma is not accurate in their scoring

I applied for this card because credit karma said I have an “excellent approval chance”. I was denied. Chase goes off of Experian credit report and not the credit scores based off of credit karma. I decided to see how accurate this credit karma is. Turns out not very accurate at all. Just thought I would let people know my experience and to not go off of what credit karma recommends.

Mar 28 2020
Nice card for traveling

I wish it was a bit heavier for the status oompf. Applying was easy. I went to Chase office on a random day and decided to apply. I don't recall my credit score, but I got approved for 20% of my annual income. My utilization is at 5% or less all the time, so this big limit + modest spend makes my score look pretty good

Feb 24 2020
Terrible Customer Service

I applied for Global Entry in December but now that New Yorker are not eliglble for it, I asked for the credit again so that I can apply for Clear or use it in future. They declined. They should be refunding the money since they are charging such a steep annual fee and now, not offering one of hte main benefits of it. Amex Platinum on the other hand (my wife uses it) refunded and asked to apply again through other options.

Jan 07 2020
Not as good as Amex Platinum

Amex Platinum has more perks.

Dec 17 2019
Horrible customer service

The main perk of this card is travel and the sign on bonus is great. Until you have a problem... the website wasn't working for me to book a flight so I called in and they misspelled a passengers name. I have probably spent 18 hours over the past 2 months trying to get this resolved and each agent tells me something different. None of them can confirm anything and they can't seem to get it together! That makes the best part of the card also the worst part and as soon as I'm back from my trip I'm cancelling the card. Not worth it!

Nov 23 2019
Go for it, apply!

I've been rebuilding for about a year. I've gone from mid 500s in credit karma scores to just now breaking 700s. I have 2 capital one cards, one at $300 CL and the other at $500 I've asked for credit line increase and to this day I keep getting denied. I'm not sure why as I always pay them on time and keep the balance under 30%. I also have a discover card that is secured at $1500 CL. I applied for the Chase Saphire Reserve yesterday and it said that it needed more time to be reviewed. I called in first thing today and spoke to a representative from the reconsideration line, she verified me with some questions and within 5 min she said I was approved for $14,200 CL!! I'm super excited to have this card in my wallet. This will be my every day personal use card.

Oct 10 2019
Best travel card on the market

I applied for the CSR this morning and received a message that Chase needed to review the application further for security reasons. I received a phone call shortly thereafter with a number of questions to verify my personal information. I was then placed on hold for approximately 3 minutes before the credit card specalist returned to notify me that my application had been approved with an initial credit line of $38,500. My FICO scores are 763 across the board. Income is $272,000 annually.

Sep 30 2019
APPROVED FOR 15k

Applied for the CSR last week on the 25th. Got the awful we need to review your application message. Today 9/29 they called me and verified some of my information and approved me for 15k!!! I am so happy I have been building my credit. My CS are TU 702 EF 698 and Ex 685! UT was at 26%. Credit karma said I had fair approval odds. I was going to apply for the CSP but had my heart set on this and I'm going on a vacation next month and really wanted the benefits of this card so I just went for it. I'm so happy that I did. If you are thinking of applying for this card I say just go for it ! Income is 96k a year! Good luck!

Great for maximizing flexible travel††