4.4

Apr 04, 2016

I have 685 between the two scores on here. Got approved really quick but only a $500 limit. Oh well it's a start. I have a capital one with $6,500 and a delta rewards Amex with $1000 limit. This may be why it was so low but I also have 4 older derogatories. Trying to get my credit back in shape. Wish me luck.?

Apr 12, 2016
Slow Your Roll!

I had plan on submitting a review whether I was approved or denied, so here goes. Like many of you, I am also on the credit repair track. Last December I was approved for two Cap One cards after years of denials and credit neglect. Since then I've been responsible with using it and makin payments. I was even awarded an increase on both cards back in February. Since then I haven't applied for credit, just allowing my score to rise, slowly but surely; until yesterday, when I decided to pull the trigger to apply for this card. Now according to CK my chances were "good" and I did my due diligence and read every single review. But I wasn't approved. I waited a day then called the reconsideration line and I spoke to a very polite lady, who told me that I was on the right track but I wasn't approved because I need more of a history with the cards that I have. I figured that was fair enough and that was that. My TU is at 650 and EQ is at 637. I have 0 derogatory remarks on my credit and I have 3 (now 4) credit inquiries. Needless to say, I will not be applying for any kind of credit anytime soon my two cards are up for another increase next month and that will have to suffice. If I could give any advance to anyone with circumstances similar to my own, seek preapproval from Chase directly before applying, that's the only thing I would've done differently aside from reading reviews before pulling the trigger. Good luck!

Aug 24, 2022
This is the meanest bank I've ever dealt with

This is the meanest bank I've ever dealt with. 780+ FICO score with another bank for multiple years but still got declined when applying for their basic credit card. Second time it was approved, but they got the lowest start credit limit for me among 5 banks. The customer service agents are very rude, ridiculous and unfriendly. I was explicitly considered a potential criminal just because I wanted to deposit a $1300 check from other bank.

Jun 10, 2022
WORST CARD POSSIBLE

After having more than 4 diferent cards with more than 10k each , this people just gave me 3600$ limit and after a year when i request and increase they just did a hard pull and decline me , when all other card increase mi credit without even doing these. Not even think about it. My score is 700

Aug 11, 2021
FINALLY!!!

I have been trying for 3 years!!! It always gets declined and when I call reconsideration line they say I have too many new accounts. Even though I’ve been banking with them going on 8 years. My credit was always good but I was always over the 5/24 rule. I recently went under 5/24 and decided why the heck not, especially since synchrony closed my accounts. My scores were 741 TU/735 EQ. I’m a college student making 35k a year. Applied and got the 30 day message. I got excited because the last 6 times were straight denials. The next day, I got an email saying approved for $4,800!!!! I’m so happy. I have been trying for soooooo long. Credit Karma said approval odds were poor but I still shot and won!

Jul 28, 2021
Pre-approved

Approved using Chase pre-approval site. TU 702 EQ 702 EX 691 given $1800 credit line first chase card. They pull from EQ and EX. Easy to obtain sign on bonus. Looking to complete chase trifecta. Good catch all card.. Be aware of 5/24 rule

Jul 25, 2021
CHASE SUCKS STAY AWAY U BEEN WARNED

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Jul 24, 2021
Great card for Chase Bank customers

This card gives the most cash back on my purchases more than my other 2 cards. I admit to being a little bias since the card payment is withdrawn and payed the same day because I'm a Chase Bank customer, but it's a big advantage to my Amex and Capital One. Customer service is very helpful too. If I decide to acquire another credit card, it will definitely be from Chase.

Jul 18, 2021
Have to call every time because I can't log in.

Horrible. It's entering the twilight zone. Overseas call center. Bad phone connection. Fix password. Next day it doesn't work. Try to reset and message says can't find the account. Even with the social security number. FRUSTRATED!!

Jul 11, 2021
Don't believe approval odds of pre approvals

This card was one of the cards that I was denied the card yet I got approved for American Express. Took a ding on the credit rating when it showed the card to be favorable at credir karma and at Experian.

Jul 10, 2021
Great Card My go to!

I applied this card on a pre-approved noticed through chase, back in the Dec, 2020. 780 CS, 60k Income, 15k Credit line. Cant complain! Use it every time on 1.5% CB. You also get offers like 10% Off Stores/Services. I used a couple on Starbucks, DD, Udemy, Bose, Walmart etc.

Jul 03, 2021
AWFUL EXPERIENCE

I applied for and received the Chase Freedom Unlimited card. The card didn't arrive in the four business days they promised, more like 8 days, okay, could be worse. I validated the card and set up my online account, but started to see some problems on the website which was asking for information (address, email, phone) that I had already supplied. During subsequent logins to the website I was repeatedly asked for the same information, as though I had never provided it and it apparently never gets saved. In my personal info section the website says there is a problem - I haven't supplied my address, yet there is no place to type it in. Attempts to actually use the credit card failed so I tried calling the number on the back of the card for support. I was on hold for 2 HOURS AND 20 MINUTES before I finally had to hang up and move on. On that call I had to listen to the recorded operator saying over and over how much they appreciate my business. I couldn't have a worse impression of Chase so far and feel that since I can't get through to them I will have to just cancel the account. Horrible, stay away.