Great for unlimited, flat-rate cash back††

3.5
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Feb 03 2017
Perfection in a card!

I started fixing my destroyed credit and got the Capital One secured card first. ?Once I had that card for a year I got my credit up to around 600. ?I kept usage?below 30% and applied for this card and was approved with a $2500 limit. ?I use it for everything but I don't leave a balance, I have it on autopay but I also login every few days and pay it off so that I don't risk having my usage above 30% at any reporting time. ?I have received the introductory $150 for spending more than $500 within the first 3months and have been getting around $50 in cashback rewards each month, spending money paying bills and shopping for things that I would normally be shopping for. ?I have had no issues with this card so far and would highly recommend it if credit karma recommends it. ?They haven't steered me wrong yet. ?

Sep 18 2018
Misleading

I applied for this card with the intentions to utilize the 0% balance transfer for 15 months option. However, what they do not tell you in the card descriptions; "you may be approved for card without having the balance transfer option". I was approved for $6400 without a balance transfer option; when I spoke with customer service they said that balance transfers are a promotional option, which I didn?t qualify for based on my credit worthiness. This doesn?t make much sense... giving the amount of credit line I was approved for and having a 680-700 credit score. Just be aware if you are applying for this card because you would like to use the balance transfer option, there's a great possibility you will not be allowed that option, even if approved.? On the other hand, American express (no affiliation) approved me for a credit line, and the option for balance transfer is standard with approval (not promotional).? ?

Mar 26 2020
Best Card That I Own

I applied for this card about a year ago when my score was roughly 680/675. They started me out at a 1500 dollar limit. It was awesome at the time because my first card was a capital one (another great card) but they never give you a increase. Within a couple months they bumped me up to 3000 and then eventually 7000 about 6 months later. I make my payments super easily on their app. You get a lot of points for purchases. Whenever I get tight on money I cash in the points and the money is in my bank account within 2-3 days. My credit is now 725/720. Hands down the best card I?ve ever known!!

Mar 23 2020
Whack!

After credit karma said that my odds were great I applied. I was declined! I have great credit and my balance is under 30%. I don't believe credit karma and feel they are very misleading! And now I have a hit on my credit!!!

Mar 12 2020
Best decision I ever made

If it weren't for me finally being brave enough to get a credit card I would have never been able to work on my credit. When I first applied I got approved for only 1000 dollars. As long as you're responsible enough to not put yourself In debt this card is amazing. The cash back rewards are sooo good. Little by little your credit limit increases. I've banked with chase for 12 years, their customer service reps have always been good to me. I definitely recommend this card. Especially if you're like I was, new to the credit game and trying to build. I literally pay ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I can with this card and just pay it back by the end of the month. Also there's no limit to how many payments you can make per month, so that's helpful!?

Mar 08 2020
WAS great, but....

I got a decent credit limit upon approval. Also, they gave nice credit limit increases (more so than Capital One) I had a credit limit of $7500, and had a balance of $6000. I recieved $ from a friend and decided to pay this card down a bit. I knew to not pay the entire balance off, as I had heard stories of limits being lowered if you do this. I paid them $3500. A few days later I see they've dropped my limit to $3500. So moral of the story is DONT MAKE LARGE PAYMENTS TO THIS COMPANY OR THEY'LL DROP YOUR LIMIT. If I could do it over again, I'd probably pay double the minimum due every month.

Feb 16 2020
Great card

Never any problems with this card cash back and customer service are great. Only complaint is if chase suspects fraudulent activities in a certain area they will dent purchases leading to uncomfortable situations in line at stores etc. Never have that issue with my amex. Otherwise no complaints great card

Feb 07 2020
My Go-to Card

I applied for this card after already having the Chase Freedom card and a few others.? The Freedom card was good with rotating 5%, but this one had a promotional 3% cash back for EVERYTHING.? I love Chase Bank's online portal and the cash back can be deposited into my bank accont for any amount each time my statement comes out.? I utilized customer service twice and had great success both times.? This is my favorite card so far and I will keep using it until something better comes along.?

Feb 06 2020
I???ve had this card for over 3 years now

I've had this card for 3 year and it's been a great starter credit card. But since I've felt responsible enough to increase my limit I continue to get declined. They want me to sit on the phone with a rep and beg. I have great credit with only this card payment. Never late with pay and a great salary. I'm ready to cancel the card and go with a different company.?

Feb 05 2020
Complete waste of time

Even with pre-approval and a 700 Plus credit score denial is imminent if you have a delinquency 5 years ago it it's paid and full. Fyi

Feb 05 2020
Complete waste of time

Even with pre-approval and a 700 Plus credit score they will turn you down for a five-year-old delinquency that is paid.

Jan 22 2020
Quick Response

I applied late at night and a representative called me the following day less than 24 hours later letting me know I was approved. I was hesitant applying for the card with a score of 747 because of other reviews. I applied for the card to utilize the 0% introductory APR to buy my girlfriends engagement and was happy to hear I was approved for a $13,000 credit limit. The only thing I wish was different is being able to use the account as soon as it's been opened, but I will have to wait 1-2 weeks for the card to arrive in the mail. All in all, so far it's been great! Don't let negative reviews steer you away from possibly having a great experience.?

Great for unlimited, flat-rate cash back††