3.8

Sep 29, 2020
Good card. Good rewards

I really like this card. I have an excellent credit score. And I was immediately approved I'm not sure why everyone is complaint they must not know how credit works or how applying for other things affects their credit but this is an excellent card. I have text alerts and great cash back rewards and no interest for a year. And the one time I had to call customer service I got to talk to an actual person and they were so helpful and nice.

Aug 17, 2020
Terrible

I have never written a review of any card before, but because of my negative experience I felt compelled this time. I saw their offer and applied. I was turned down because of “ too many trade deadlines opened in the last 12 months”. It said my credit score was 847 out of a possible 850. The only new card I have in the last 12 moths is an Old Navy card which I applied for at the checkout to receive 25% off my purchase. If you have excellent credit and like to be rewarded for it ..DO NOT APPLY for this card!

Sep 02, 2022
Scam

With a 724 credit rating no house car or credit cards due and a 100% on time payments. I was denied...

Aug 31, 2022
Applied and got approved,3wks later they closed it

I applied from credit karma, got instant approval for $700 super low, but still i had a 0% bal transfer offer on it so i kept it, but then 3 weeks later they called me and emailed me, they are a 3rd party company not even US bank, and i had to tell them I'm not doing fraud, I am real! The application algorithm already knew that. Yikes this is a $700 limit US bank cc, and 2 people on 2 diff phone calls to US bank card underwriting said I, ME, I am a risk to US banks financial stability, oh yah my little $700 limit cc is risking US bank, this is so stupid, but they were actually serious, with no common sense, watch out for these mid-west 3rd party credit reviewers they don't even work for US bank , the return address on all the mail they send out proves that! I think its amazing that a 3rd party company closed my brand new US bank credit card , and US bank just goes along with it!

Aug 30, 2022
Just $500 credit limit

How am I going to take advantage of the 20K points $200 bonus by spending $1000 dollars within the first 90 days if I was only approved for $500? Can anyone please help me understand?

Jul 29, 2022
What a Joke

I got this card with massive limit 500 buck I have other card like 10k 6k and many more but this card give me 500 that’s joke and they hard pull to please don’t wast your time on this card.

Jul 15, 2022
Excellent card

Excellent card,points cash back

Jul 06, 2022
Garbage

All that run around just for a tiny balance and no opportunity to decline the card. 0% for 12 months then 30% after? I have good credit too! This bank was trash 20 years ago and it's trash now. I'll keep my Discover card with the 0% interest for 18 months and 16% when that ends.

Jun 19, 2022
Don’t apply

If credit karma says you have a good chance. Denied.

May 20, 2022
Terrible Customer Service

In April I got a new US Bank Credit card. I immediately set up automatic payment and email alerts of statements. US Bank's automatic payment system, they told me, takes one billing cycle to take effect therefore my first bill on my new card was not automatically paid. Three customer service operators all said much the same thing, "This happens all the time, we get calls like this all the time." So I got an email saying I had not paid my bill. Also, even though I got that email successfully, I did not get the email for the April bill. I was an IT Specialist with DOD for my entire career and am now retired. I did not get my April statement from US Bank, their system fouled up. When I called on 05/19/2022 I spoke with three very nice operators who all said the same thing as stated above AND they all were unable to tell me if I had an outstanding bill, they were unable to tell me if I had late fees or interest charges, or even if I owed anything as their computers were not working, they said. In asking to speak to a supervisor the young lady waited with me on the line and we chatted for over 30 minutes, and no supervisor was ever available. She suggested I call back and get a different operator who's computer might be working. ...I called their executive level customer service today 5/20 and all this was verified to me, the fact that their automatic payment system doesn't take effect for a month, but the disclosure of this information was NOT forthcoming, so everyone ends up with a late payment. Now turns out this happens so often, the executive told me, that SOMETIMES the system recognizes this and as in my case no late fee or interest charges accrued. This seems to me to be a crazy way to do business. It's totally incompetent but doesn't surprise me as I've had a great deal of trouble with the online systems of US Bank. All my other credit cards with other banks do not have these problems, if I set up autopayment it works immediately, if I call customer service about my credit card they can tell me what I owe, if I missed a payment, and if there are any fees. On 5/19 I spent hours on the phone and was unable to get this information. Please ask US Bank to fix their computers so everyone who gets a new credit card and sets up autopayment doesn't end up with a missed payment on their first bill. Again the emails for the first bill, and the 2nd bill, never came through to me, and yet the "you're overdue" email came through just fine. They have no explanations for why their systems are so fouled up but, again, all three operators confirmed "this happens all the time". I'm a senior citizen and a disabled veteran, and it's very difficult to spend hours on the phone talking to very nice people who have a very difficult job with faulty computers and poor training.

May 06, 2022
Worst application experience ever!

They just gave me $500 limits which was shocking given I have 4 cards in $30Ks, 4 cards in $20Ks, etc. I call them and very politely ask how I can increase the limit as it does not seem to be based on my credit profile. After more than 1 hour wasting time on the phone, the guy tells me they have to do another hard pull to look into it and I tell them you just did the hard pull for the online application. Can't you use the same info? The answer is no. I say can I talk to someone from management to relay the message that double hard pull is a negative experience which he responds manager is already aware of this!!! (And they are not doing anything about it?!). Anyhow I ended up agreeing with the second hard pull as $500 would not work for me and if I had to close the card and open with another bank it would have been an additional hard pull anyway. It is day 1 of my relationship with this bank and is already awful! :(

Feb 10, 2022