I need to consolidate 2 Capital One cards so I can get a lower payment. How can I with a bad score?
I recently am out of BK (12/31/13). I was able to somehow get 2 different types of Capital One unsecured credit cards and ran into a financial mess. I had some MAJOR expenses I needed to use the cards for. Long story short, I was forced to relocate and had to get a job making less money AND paying about 30% more in living expenses. Now I'm getting into a default situation with them. I can comfortably pay $100 on BOTH cards, but Capital One is not even considering it and I'm getting a lot of collection calls. I was going to try and get a debt consolidation loan from my bank (I only have about $3300 to pay) and checking my new score I found I'm down to 550. I'm trying to build myself back from the BK and am stuck. Can anyone offer anything to point me in the best direction? I make less than $2000 a month with $1200 being paid out for rent alone, not counting all the other living expenses I have. I have less than $35 a week for food and gas to and from work. Please help!!