How long should I wait to ask for a limit increase on my card?
My score is 583, and part of that is due to a recent line of credit I applied for and was approved. I had been contemplating asking for an increase on my older card, which I have had for two years, but am not sure if asking for the increase now would be considered aggressive credit application and hurt my credit. How often is too often?

deborahjreed

Most Helpful Response

Based on your score, credit card companies are unlikely to approve you for a limit increase.  Usually, card companies automatically offer limit increases every 6-12 months.  Though this is different for all cards.  By requesting an increase, you will further hurt your score through the inquiry.  My suggestion is to wait for your score to increase, and I bet they will offer you an increase automatically.

Response by
scamps218

Submit to the Community