How do I close an old expensive card without lowering my score?
When I first started out, I got the dreaded first premier card. Despite all the abhorrent rates and fees, it did help me improve my credit, and I managed it responsibly. However, now that my credit is no longer ailing, and I have 2 other "normal" cards, I want to close this premier card that has been a drain on my wallet with all of it's fees (even if I don't use it), but I'm worried that closing the account will lower my score. Any advice?