Question

davyxlin

Credit card utilization on record or not?
Here is a interesting question. So I have been saving up cash for a huge purchase, around $12,000. And I am definitely going use to credit card BUT pay back in full amount with my saved up cash when the statement comes out (so I get my cash back bonus). So, here is the question.

Should I pay the balance back before the statement come out?
- By doing this, this amount will never be recorded on my credit report and will not show up as credit utilization.

Or should I let the balance stay until the statement come out and pay back in full?
- By doing this, this amount will show up on my credit report as high credit utilization for 1 month.

Thanks!