Card offering CL increase but my income is less than it was when I got it. Would they decrease CL?
One of my cards is offering a credit line increase. When I originally applied for the card, I was working part time and I was listed as a dependent on my mother's taxes. I used our combined income when applying for the card, I am concerned about asking for the credit line increase. Now that I am not her dependent and I have a full time salaried position my income is lower than originally reported when I applied. Is it possible that they would decrease my credit line if I asked for the increase?