Card holder 1 year, looking to regain 29 points after slight hick-up.
I acquired my first credit card in April 2012 for the sole purpose of building credit while in college.

Unfortunately I was under the impression that I should pay my entire balance before the monthly due date, instead of waiting for the statement to come in. Essentially, I've reported no credit usage for 11 of 12 months of having my card (not that much of a problem, really).

Last month I waited for my statement to come in before paying in full, but accidentally left it at 28% usage (instead of paying it down to ~10% before the end of the cycle as I intedned). My TU score instantly dropped from 734 to 705 (although vantage score went up) .

I would love to regain my 29 points. Would applying for second card help regain the ground I've lost? Or should I wait till my credit usage smooths out, as I would imagine a jump from 0% to 30% isn't exactly attractive.