Question

Student4509

Can I Use My Employee Tuition Reimbursement To Pay Down a Credit Card Balance?
I am about to get a few grand added to my pay check for a tuition reimbursement approved by my employer for a graduate class I just completed. Would I be allowed to use this money to pay down a high interest rate credit card balance instead? I already have an unsubsidized Direct Stafford loan that has a much lower interest rate that I can pay the tuition I owe to the school with. Am I allowed to do this? My employer just adds the money to my paycheck, they dont pay the school directly. Please let me know if I can pay my credit card instead. Thanks.