Question

ncroo21

Can i aply for another card?
Can I re-apply for a credit card?
In January I opened a credit card with a new bank. They had me close my other one. I did. I believe due to DTI. I really didn't owe a lot of money and was surprised. I did a Balance transfer and closed it. Closing was a requirement.
Now that I'm approved and making payments, can I open a card again with my old bank without fear of my other bank closing my credit card? I want them both. They have different advantages. When I called to see if I could open another card somewhere, I was told they didn't monitor after opening, but that didn't come from the lender, just the accounts person who is new to me. The whole bank is new and I guess I'm not 100 percent trusting yet.
So, if I was forced to close a card to open one, am ok to re-open that card or open a new one with the old bank?
I will be honest, I applied for a different card and was approved from my old bank. I'm scared my new bank is going to cancel my card now.