Provident Funding® Associates, L.P. Mortgage

From Borrowers in the last year

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Jan 05, 2017
Great Experience!
spelosky Borrower

We had our previous mortgage with them for 12 years and just bought a new house so we went with them.  I shopped around alot before decising and they we they best deal for us.  Everything went through on their end very easily and they caught many mistakes by the title company and seller's realtor.  Brooks and Cody were incredible to work with and stayed right on top of things.

Dec 23, 2016
They Have Policies
Anonymous Borrower

I've refinanced twice with Provident. Always good rates and a good experience. Have even promoted them to friends and family.

However.... for 15 years we have never been late on a payment. This month the check was late. According to Provident it must have got caught in holiday mail. Not sure about that as it was mailed on the 10th from San Diego, but they say it didn't arrive until the 19th in L.A.

Subsequently, got hit with a ridiculously high late fee of $67.00! Called them up to explain. "Sorry, mail delays are not our problem. There is nothing we can do. We have policies. No, we don't offer one-time waivers for loyal customers." They also reiterated several times that they could care less about how this might affect their reputation (net promoter score).

So, here you go Provident. You've lost a loyal customer and got the negative review you were after.

Dec 13, 2016
The Grinch who stole my Christmas
Anonymous Borrower

Application process was fine.  W/in first 6 months.  This month they took payment twice, eletronically (through account transfers).  Fully acknowledge that they've taken two payments - see the money on their books.  Have had both payments for over 7 days.  Refund procedure?  They insist i send them a screen shot of my bank account!  To prove the money has been transferred.  What?  Are you kidding me?  Why don't i send all my bank account info to a Nigerian prince while we're at it ?!?!?  And then, if i comply with their ridiculousness and they accept it, they will mail me a check.  Yea, snail mail.

Spoke to several customer service folks including a manager.  Refuse to address issue due to "their policy."

Or I could just let them keep the extra money for a month.  How convenient for them!  Predatory policy.  Dont worry that it's December ... you go ahead Provident, pay an extra bonus or two, get your kids something nice.  My family can wait till January for Christmas!

Oct 23, 2016
Garbage
Anonymous Borrower

Company will sell your info to anyone and everyone, be ready for spam e-mails and spam snail mail

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?