Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage

Years in the industry

$16.4B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.9
1947 reviews

Oct 26, 2020
Great Experience

I would recommend using these individuals to process a VA loan! They helped us to make a very complicated purchase with ease!

May 26, 2021
Worst experience so far!!!

So far, as an african-american first time home buyer, I am not having a good experience. I've been trying to work with a realtor (agent) that will represent me as a buyer and protect my VA loan benefits. Ironically, some of the agents that have been assigned to me through Veterans United did not have my best interest. They've been condescending and insinuating that I should switch to a Conventional loan since according to them I had no chance with a VA loan, and to cater to the seller by not asking for any contingencies not even for an inspection, and going as far as to tell me "you'll have to get on your knees and beg the seller" as the last agent literally told me since I did not stand a chance with my VA loan. I don't understand why Veterans United is partnering with agents that will discourage the buyers (Veterans) and make them feel their VA loan is worthless and will not be considered. I have served my country proudly and I find this very disheartening, a Veteran having to fend and stand up to these types of unfair tactics and treatment, when it should be the opposite. The realtor (agent) and Veterans United should be in my corner by protecting and honoring my benefits, and partnering with agents that are willing to do so. Veterans United needs to do better representing Veterans and if not, remove"Veterans" off United.

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

All member reviews (1947)

Nov 30, 2021
Great company to work with!

Awesome teams! I have bought 2 previous houses with other agencies and by far the best I have worked with in purchasing a home!

Nov 28, 2021
Satisfied to the fullest extend

Professional and all around detailed mortgage experience

Best company ever!

As a veteran I knew I had pretty good benefits as far as buying a home. I had no idea a real gem of a company existed like Veterans United. A simple, yet angelic google search produced the website for VU and the process was so simple from the first click. They were very transparent about any fees that came about during the home buying while giving me a thorough explanation about what I was paying for and how it benefited the mortgage application. Their website is so simple to upload any and all required documents and on it, you can find all kinds of self educating material about the big, scary terms used to shine the light on the phony scare tactic that may be used by some real sharks out there. I cannot thank VU, Rusty and his team of experts enough! We bought and then refinanced our home in the same easy process a year a part and I’ll gladly do it again anytime I need to buy or sell a house!

Great customer service

Veterans United made the process easy to understand and kept me informed at each step in the process. I was very happy with their service and rates and would highly recommend them to all veterans.

Slow but steady

As above, Dan & Michelle got us through a really frightening experience, when the assessor and all sorts of circumstances with the sellers, unfinished business, and then Cherie's workplace didn't want her to take time to move across two states to our new home! Dan's intervention saved the day, we closed the deal, and we are in our house now, desperately cleaning a house with what looks like years of accumulated dirt and grime.

Wonderful Experience!!!!

My experience with VA was wonderful the realtor and Loan Officer that were assigned to us went above and beyond they both communicated greatly and thoroughly, we all were on the same page at all times. The team Veteran United assemble for us made things easier. Highly Recommend!!!

Nov 25, 2021
Recommend all my brothers and sisters look only into Veterans United to make their home buying dream

Veterans United is the place where all my brothers and sisters in arms need to look into when purchasing a home. Being a veteran with PTSD. They helped me every step of the way from start to finish. They made the purchase happen. Now the house I live in is my home. Shawnee you are the best.

Easy as can be

Absolute delight to work with. They have assembled a team that goes after what you want and walk you through every process. I didn't know it was so easy to buy a house!

Veterans United Rock

Well, I was closed in about 45 days after my initial inquiry. I sent an inquiry, not thinking I would have my dream home in a little over a month. Veterans United rocked this home loan

No regrets

Choosing Veterans United was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

1-10 of 1947

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.