Veterans United

Years in the industry

$16.4B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.9

Dec 26, 2020
Easy, fast and informational.

Friendly staff and great software to do business without requiring in person transactions. Great for keeping us safe during the current situation our world is facing.

May 26, 2021
Worst experience so far!!!

So far, as an african-american first time home buyer, I am not having a good experience. I've been trying to work with a realtor (agent) that will represent me as a buyer and protect my VA loan benefits. Ironically, some of the agents that have been assigned to me through Veterans United did not have my best interest. They've been condescending and insinuating that I should switch to a Conventional loan since according to them I had no chance with a VA loan, and to cater to the seller by not asking for any contingencies not even for an inspection, and going as far as to tell me "you'll have to get on your knees and beg the seller" as the last agent literally told me since I did not stand a chance with my VA loan. I don't understand why Veterans United is partnering with agents that will discourage the buyers (Veterans) and make them feel their VA loan is worthless and will not be considered. I have served my country proudly and I find this very disheartening, a Veteran having to fend and stand up to these types of unfair tactics and treatment, when it should be the opposite. The realtor (agent) and Veterans United should be in my corner by protecting and honoring my benefits, and partnering with agents that are willing to do so. Veterans United needs to do better representing Veterans and if not, remove"Veterans" off United.

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Dec 01, 2022
House buying made easy

Everyone was so professional, courteous and very helpful!

Outstanding Buying Experience

Very best decision we made choosing Veterans United for our recent home purchase. Even our realtor said that she's never seen a lender be so responsive throughout the buying process. 100% satisfied and can't recommend them enough to other Veterans!!!

VA

These guys helped me a lot I definitely recommend using it if you’re currently in service or retired

Great

I have a really great team of professionals I hope to work with thensame people in the future.~Charlie Brown~

Nov 29, 2022
Awesome!

Mike, Max and Jennifer were very helpful and super friendly as well! I love Veterans United and always recommend you to my friends! You make the home buying process easy from start to finish! Thanks for all you do for Veterans!

Nov 27, 2022
Would highly recommend to any veteran looking to finance a home!

A little over four years ago, my parents purchased the home thru Veterans United. Due to my dad’s visual impairment, I had to help him thru the process at that time and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience then. My mom passed away in June of this year and my dad moved into assisted living last month, so my husband and I decided to purchase the home from my dad so he could use the proceeds to help cover the cost of his continued care in assisted living; once again, we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Derek Harmon was more than just lender…during this emotionally challenging transition in our lives, with regular check-ins just to see how we were doing, making himself available to answer my (many, MANY) questions, whether they were applicable to his particular role or not and/or pointing me in the right direction for those he wasn’t able to answer, he was a lifeline for me throughout the entire process!

Nov 26, 2022
Excellent

From credit monitoring and assisting with the help of Kristina Stewart, to Brian and Matt, everyone was just amazing. We were able to work on our credit score to get where we needed to be for our purchase. My wife and I can’t thank everyone at Veterans United enough! Truly made our home buying experience as smooth and proficient as possible. We will definitely be referring other veteran friends to the Veterans United experience!

Nov 26, 2022
Best experience for home buying

Huge love for Kevin Redmond and Mallory Fuller. If you are a Veteran, You need this team!!! As a disabled Veteran and cancer Mom, my life is full of difficulties. They truly want to help your dreams come to fruition. It was a roller coaster of issues, and they made it work. Every single issue resolved, and I now have a beautiful home to make memories with my son. I love you guys, truly, thank you from the depths of my soul!!!! Love from Jessica, Austin, and Carter

Nov 25, 2022
VU ROCKS!

VU did an excellent job working with me for 1 year while I browsed and shopped in numerous states and worked with me through it all! In my opinion they are the friendliest and most helpful staff in the country! Highly recommend any others choose them too! They have my full endorsement!

Nov 25, 2022
First Time Buyer

All went well! At first, it was overwhelming because I couldn't keep up with the pace and how everything were going so fast. But you motivated me to do what needed to be done so that I can make this dreamhouse come true. Thanks VU! I appreciate all that you did. Now I'm realizing my dream with joy in the comfort of my own home!!

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.