Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage

Years in the industry

$16.4B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

4.9

Oct 26, 2020
Great Experience

I would recommend using these individuals to process a VA loan! They helped us to make a very complicated purchase with ease!

May 26, 2021
Worst experience so far!!!

So far, as an african-american first time home buyer, I am not having a good experience. I've been trying to work with a realtor (agent) that will represent me as a buyer and protect my VA loan benefits. Ironically, some of the agents that have been assigned to me through Veterans United did not have my best interest. They've been condescending and insinuating that I should switch to a Conventional loan since according to them I had no chance with a VA loan, and to cater to the seller by not asking for any contingencies not even for an inspection, and going as far as to tell me "you'll have to get on your knees and beg the seller" as the last agent literally told me since I did not stand a chance with my VA loan. I don't understand why Veterans United is partnering with agents that will discourage the buyers (Veterans) and make them feel their VA loan is worthless and will not be considered. I have served my country proudly and I find this very disheartening, a Veteran having to fend and stand up to these types of unfair tactics and treatment, when it should be the opposite. The realtor (agent) and Veterans United should be in my corner by protecting and honoring my benefits, and partnering with agents that are willing to do so. Veterans United needs to do better representing Veterans and if not, remove"Veterans" off United.

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

Aug 13, 2022
Exceptional experience

Veterans United simplifies home ownership for those qualified for VA loans. The absolute abundance of information that goes into purchasing a home is made easy with their portal for easy upload and completing ToDo’s list.

Aug 12, 2022
These guys bank on their name acting like they care about militaty

Everyone trusts these guys based 9n their name. However, they're not actually military affiliated. They just use their name for marketing. Applied here, terrible rates. Also, applied at other places looking for the best rate and EVERYONE beat them. Look at your local federal credit unions. Also, look at Navy FCU (I'm not Navy, any branch is eligible), look at Penfed, again your local credit union. These guys use their names solely for marketing. They are not military. Go elsewhere for the best rates and to save THOUSANDS.

The real deal

Mallory Take and team are the shizzle! Couldn’t be happier

Aug 12, 2022
Smooth and easy home purchase!

Very impressed. Smooth transaction. Loan officer was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond as well as her team.

Aug 12, 2022
Smooth, fast, and stress free.

Great service, great people, easy to understand everything that was going on.

ABOVE AND BEYOND

Craig, Kari and team provided SERVICE above and beyond. They were our anchor (note Navy pun - intended) in this journey. They provided sound advice and a listening ear when we became anxious or fretful. More than just lender's, They were coaches and counselors. We HIGHLY recommend them to each and every Veteran seeking the American Dream. Thank you all!

Aug 11, 2022
Transtition

2,000 helps a lot! Please, help with Green Policies and Environmental change! ~

Chicago title company

Shelly Federhart and bill Marshall were very knowledgeable but lacked in locking in my interest rate before the change of interest.

Five Stars Isn’t Enough

First time buying a house. After this experience, I won’t even consider using anyone else. I am a commercial driver and so I needed the team to be very hands-on with minimal input since I’m on the road five to six days a week. From the start, everyone took on a “mission mindset” and after that it was wide open throttle all the way through. From my initial contact with Anna Lower to the seamless follow up by Sydney Caldwell, I kept waiting for something to go wrong. Only it never did. Geri was on top of things right out of the gate and never slowed down. (She was sending listings that matched my search criteria five minutes into our first phone call.) Even the technology and user portal performed flawlessly throughout the entire process, much to my happy astonishment! Veterans United is a professional organization made up of some truly great people. This became even more evident when it came time for Jenny Moreira to join the team. Always pleasant and eager to help, she is an absolute pleasure to work with. Not long after Jenny called to introduce herself and her role on the team my wife was admitted to the hospital for a week. Upon her return, we found a “Get Well Soon” card and a succulent waiting for us. The card was signed by everyone we had spoken to up to that point. Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated and just one example of how Veterans United went above and far beyond what I expected.10/10 seems too low of a score. I’d highly recommend Veterans United to anyone, and the same is true for everyone on my team: Anna Lower, Sydney Caldwell, Geri Pettersen, Mason Maddox, Mark Schlottach, Tammi Jo Steinbeck, Eric Lawson, and last but certainly not least, Jenny Moreira. I’m sure there were more folks involved that I never interacted with, and to them a huge “Thank you!” as well. Job well done, everyone!

Good experience

Easy to work with. They make the process very easy for veterans and have a team that can answer and help with anything you may think of.

We don’t have rates available from Veterans United Home Loans Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Add your home details to see if we have rates for you from our lender partners

Check for rates

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product. The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness. The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.