Synovus Bank Reviews
Oct 14, 2016
Rebuilding Bad Credit? Then get it.

Got a $200 credit line. The money was withdrawn immediately as I finished the application. Takes about 2-3 weeks to recieve your card.

The interest rate is high. Who cares? You keep your utilization low (15%-20%) and pay it off each month. This is a tool for rebuilding credit.

This did put an Inquiry on one of my three credit reports. But that's ok. It'll be another few years before I buy my house. Score was 550ish.

Customer Service? I have no reason to call them. I just use it as I would any other card.

You cannot pay through their website. It says "Here's your account number. Pay using your online banking." No big deal. That's easy.

The Yearly fee and initial fee are high. But they offer a few cards. The one with the high interest rate has the lowest yearly/initial fee. Get that one. Like I said, if you're using 15-20%, who gives a crap what the interest rate is? Let it cycle then pay it.

So far I have no complaints about this card. Don't expect anything other than a tool to rebuild credit. Opened up a $200 (Minimum deposit) because the FICO score is more concerned with credit utilization ratio/percentage. Bottom Line: Trying to rebuild your credit? Get this card. While I'm here, I will suggest Opensky which is very similar but does NOT do a credit check and thus will NOT leave an inquiry ding on your report/s.

Oct 18, 2016

I had 2 First Progress secured platinum cards, $300 for 1 year, $200 for 8 months. The web site is a little odd but adequate to see what needs to be seen with credit. The application process
went quickly and less costly than many others.

My credit report improved very rapidly and I was able to close the accounts and get my cash deposits back within the time cited above. I had the help of their phone representative that
did everything for me and was quite helpful with good advice. I closed it while having balances which left me with a portion of my deposits to be sent by check. This was great.
I got the remainder of my deposits in a week or 10 days less than expected.

I highly recommend this company. It is a reputable firm. Doing business by phone is much
better than trying to work on the web site after your application is approved and you get
your cards.
I would not hesitate to do business with them again if needed. I'd do business with them before any other company.
San Antonio Texas female customer

Sep 20, 2016

I hate this card! When you make a payment it takes 10 business days for it to be apply. Its very useless for me. Thank goodness I got a secured card with Capital One.