RoadLoan Reviews
Oct 23, 2016
Don't Trust the "You're Approved" Email
Islandgma
1 Contributions 1 Person Helped

I applied with this company through Lending Tree's website for an auto loan refinace of a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. I have a low credit score but have never missed a car payment on my current loan and it said my chances of approval was "Good". I applied, provided quite a bit of information, and in about 5 minutes got an email from RoadLoans that said, "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE APPROVED" and something about me being " a lucky dog". Whatever. It said to log into their website "to retrieve my loan documents". I logged in, and it asked me for some of the same info I had previously provided. I submitted it, and it said to "check my email". Why, I wondered, when I am already on their website. So I checked my email, and turns out AFTER TELLING ME I WAS APPROVED, it now says they are "unable to offer me a loan at this time". It's fine if they can't give me a loan. I get that. No hard feelings, and no negative review from me. But don't tell me  I am "APPROVED" and then come back and tell me I'm not. You will definitely get a negative review from me on that. So don't get your hopes up on this one. The initial contact is deceptive.