Harris Bank Reviews
Jul 27, 2016
disgusting

Was treated very poorly while getting a checking account.  Refused my promo code for 200 cash back, banker got me another promo code and was going to use that one.  Had me wait almost an hour for how to open my checking account.  Then said they would call when they found out how to do this.  Never called me but I called later that day, they had me come in to process the checking account.  I had a promo code that was emailed to me from Harris bank website and it wasn't expired.  So they found a different reason to turn me down and said my credit was too low.

Feb 17, 2016
19th century banking in 2016 - STAY AWAY
illinoismember

BMO are utterly sleazy and a terrible choice. i bought this product without researching, but you can benefit from my mistake. here's what you need to know: BMO are aggressively marketing auto loans, and one of their profit centers is the EXTRA 15 dollar fee to pay the loan online! of course, you can always pretend that the year is 1954, and you can fuss with little coupon books, and letters, and stamps. it's rather nostalgic, i suppose. but WAIT - you CAN pay online without a fee if you have a BMO Harris checking account. okay then - i went ahead and opened a BMO checking account.

but OOOPS!

alone among all banks, BMO won't accept inbound funds transfers! LET ME REPEAT THAT: you can't transfer funds to a BMO Harris checking account from ANY OTHER BANK!

this is utterly sleazy and an obvious attempt to squeeze an extra ten or fifteen bucks a month from their customers. any low rate they offer will be more than offset by these "convenience" fees. be smart and stay away from this outfit.

the hilarious postscript is that a "customer service" person didn't even know about this ridiculous practice, and at one point tried to claim that JPMorgan Chase was the problem. when i pointed out that i regularly transfer funds from my Chase account to numerous other institutions, she put me on hold for ten minutes, then returned to say: "Well, if you can't add an external account to your BMO account online, I guess you must be right. But you can always pay over the phone - FOR AN EXTRA 15 DOLLARS!"

really. don't waste your time. these people are either fools or scoundrels.