Erie Insurance Group Reviews
Apr 29, 2017
Stay AWAY!
koniczynka252

March 15 I had a car accident – I was not at fault. 2 cars hit me where my car was completely totaled. Because 3 insurance companies are involved in this process, I was informed that I should file a claim with my insurer and Erie would pay me money within a few days. So, I did, and since then I have nothing but problems with Erie! Jeff Cluchey, who is my appraiser on behalf of Erie, has been battling me for the value of my car since the very beginning. He has definitely underestimated the value and does not want to hear any substantive arguments of being wrong. I must say that my car was extremely limited edition, where it is hard to find even a similar make and model. Erie decided to pay me money for a basic model - a lot cheaper than my edition and I cannot agree to it.

By law, if there is no identical car available on the market, then you can take as a mark of price, a written quote from a car dealer. It did not help in any way, shape, or form because I was informed that Erie could not accept it. Several people tried to help me by sending emails on my behalf, to Jeff, to repeat the process again and to change the pricing because it was so offensive to me, with no effective outcome. So, I hired an external company, which deals with help in such cases. It is an independent company (Autoloss), which makes independent valuations. Because I have been working as an independent appraiser, Erie is also obliged to do the same. Autoloss sent an email to Jeff on April 17, requesting the employment of an independent appraiser. To date, Autoloss has not received any information regarding this request. Yesterday I spoke by telephone with Jeff, who opon my question about the appraiser, told me that "they hired today". Neither I nor Autoloss have any information on this matter to date. I must say that the conversation with the manager also did not get very far because he sustained the status of his subordinate. Besides, I asked to look at a very similar car to mine, except that it is one year newer and has an automatic gearbox.

Jeff in one phone call with me said he called the dealer and they do not have that car so it cannot be taken into account. When I talked with Jeff the other day, he said that if I had found a car like mine, it could be the best indicator of the price, since you can deduct one year of depreciation and get the most out of my car. Strange coincidence, when yesterday I went to the dealer I pointed this out and it turns out that the car is still there. It comes down to the fact that Jeff is trying all the time to delay the process of paying my money and that he is basically a liar!

Anyone who has insurance with Erie should seriously consider whether it is worth it, because in the event of an accident their customer service has sucked and they do not want to pay a fair price for this vehicle. In addition, Erie does not deny that because the case is not closed and we have not reached an agreement on the value of the vehicle, Erie also does not feel obliged to provide me with a replacement car. Regardless of the circumstances, they cover only 2 weeks for renting a car.

In conclusion, after countless phone calls and emails that were left unanswered, after the intervention of many people who wanted to help me, after a month and a half Erie did nothing to reach me for a settlement. I have paid for this insurance for many years, never using it. Now that I've found myself in need, not my fault, I can get back to what I need. Please share this warning with family and friends to avoid unpleasant disappointments. Also, please also contact me if you know of anyone who can assist or advise.

Thanks, Renata