Question

vandeamb03

Will closing a furniture credit card or mattress credit card negatively effect my credit?
About 2 years ago, I bought furniture using a Furniture Deals credit card. I also bought a new mattress through Sleep One. Both of these accounts are handled by Wells Fargo, but they are technically credit cards for the store. I have paid off the furniture and am working on paying off the bed. My question is will closing these cards ruin my credit score? It seems pointless to leave a credit card open for beds and furniture. The thing is I don't have much credit history as is. And my score hasn't been the best lately with the addition of my student loans. Please help if you have any advice. I'm not sure what to do. I just want to take the necessary steps to get the best credit score possible, minus the damper that the student loans are putting on it.