What kind of credit card is "STPC/CBNA"
A credit card called "STPC/CBNA" is on my credit report. What does it mean?

Most Helpful Response

I think STPC is for Staples, CBNA is Citibank North America. I have a Staples credit card.

Not sure about the STPC, but CBNA is usually Citibank North America.  If you know a dept store with the initials STPC, it is probably them.  Citibank underwrites dept store cards.

Acronymity (Anonymity through acronyms)

CBNA (Credit Bureau of North America, LLC) is a collection agency headquartered in Tennessee however, the acronym (CBNA) may also stand for Citibank North America. Since Citibank underwrites cards for Best Buy and other store chains, I am going to say that is your best bet.

IF it shows up under revolving credit, more than likely I would agree with Addison170's answer. However if it appears in the Derogatory marks section, it could be either one.

Go to There once annually you can get a free credit report for all three credit agencies (Transunion, Equifax and Experian)  they will have more info on the account.

I hope this helps.