Question

odyo6ca7

Should trying to find a good auto loan refinancing put a hard inquiry on credit report?
I clicked one of the recommendations here in Credit Karma. They contacted me and offered some options but I didn't like the terms. So, I didn't get the refinancing. Now I see that company pulled a hard inquiry. Is that how it's supposed to be if I try to find out some refinancing options? Should I ask them to remove the inquiry? How should I shop around for the best refinancing APR without getting hard inquiries?

If they had permissible purpose then they can hard pull.  They can't give you an APR without pulling your credit.

odyo6ca7

Thanks for replying.

I must have unknowingly given my permission because I thought I could try to see my options. So, what's the best way to know I'm getting the best APR I can get? I get other offers but I worry that if I try to see if I get better deal than my current that I would get another hard inquiry.