RateGenius

RateGenius

4.5

Sep 02, 2021
Effective, professional service.

I was able to refinance my car loan with a rate half of what I currently had. The team was fast, effective, and courteous. There is nothing I would change about my experience. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Mar 21, 2022
Unprofessional & Wasted Time and Money

If I could give a negative star, I would. I started the refinancing process with RateGenius on 2/9. Everything was going very smoothly at first. The communication with Matt Fisher was ok. I got them everything they asked for and was told after I signed my contract that it was being sent for funding. A few weeks later (1.5 months after I started this process, I get a text from Matt saying I have to re-sign all of my documents because they put the incorrect VIN# on my contract. By this time, they had already called my insurance company and updated the lien holder to who my new lien holder was going to be. I have now had to pay twice to get my contract notarized. I was told 2 different times that it was getting ready for funding and that I should call my current lien holder and have them send me a refund for my GAP insurance. 2 weeks later, I still had heard anything additional from Matt. I called, text and emailed him. Finally he emails me last week, 2.5 months after I started this, and said that now, the new lien holder is requesting additional things, which I am assuming is because it's been like 2 months since this whole thing had started. Since this time, I had changed jobs and moved to another state. So, my employer had changed, my address had changed, the mileage on my car was more than when I started because I moved 12 hours away. So all of these things changed for me in the last month. When Matt responded, he said they had a list of items they have been waiting for from me and that his assistant should have asked me for items needed. Um, what assistant? I had not heard anything from ANY other person other than Matt Fisher. Then he proceeds to tell me that I can just cancel my application if I wanted to. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? When I started this process, I was told it would be easy and quick and should be completed within a month. I was approved with a payment that was $200 less than what I was paying because I had been working hard on my credit. I had another company I was going to go with, but Matt got my payment $15 less than what they could offer. So, I took a chance on RateGenius. This has literally been the most frustrating, unorganized, and disappointing process I have ever been through. There was nothing easy about this for me. Now I am back at square one and going with the company I was originally going to go with. Again, this was my experience. I wish I had as great of an experience as these other people had, but unfortunately, I was given Matt Fisher who didn't care enough to do his job to the best of his ability.

APPLICATION_PROCESS
CUSTOMER_SERVICE

Jan 27, 2023
Great customer service

Such an easy way to refinance your car loan! Oma was fantastic. He was so kind and on top of making sure everything went the way it was supposed to. Would recommend 1000 times!

Fairly easy process

Very professional and responsive. I tried another company and it took over a month to get everything accepted.

Jan 26, 2023
I’m not paid to make this review! 100% honest!

I absolutely loooved Chad. He kept me updated, answered all questions, was very honest, and went the extra mile understanding I have high anxiety and was clueless about this process. He also was flexible as I work night shift so it’s hard to find good times to have contact.

Love it

Easy simple and not much of a headache. Everyone is so nice and easy going

Jan 24, 2023
Awesome, easy simple process thank u so much rate

Rate genious was great, dealing with Anna was awesome was always there when I needed her. I couldnt say enough about her, she made it so easy . A+

Jan 20, 2023
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!

RODNET, AND ALEXAS WETE TOTAL EXCEPTIONAL,VTHEY MADE EVERYTHING CLARIFIED, RODNEY IS A VERY OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL,VERY CUDTOMER SERVICE ORIENT, HIS COMMUNICATION OUTSTANDING, STRAIGHT TO THE POINT THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE CLON!!

Jan 20, 2023
Excellent service

Outstanding service. Was able to refinance with better rate and options than my original.

Great experience!

Quick and painless process to get my car refinanced, thank you RateGenius, I will use again!

Remarkably

Outstanding service

Terrible experience. Took 3 weeks to deny

Wow, what a terrible experience. I was looking to buy out my lease on my 2020 BMW so after some research I chose them . So they were quick to respond to my request. Basically, they run your credit and try to fit you with a bank in their network for the lowest rate. Sounds pretty normal. I’m very quick on getting them everything they ask for…like within 30 mins. They are supposed to mail some forms, which they do, I sign what needs to be signed, and the next day UPS them back. A week later some other person calls me saying they are taking over my account and they messed up on the forms and have to resend them out. A few days later I get them and send them back immediately. Then a few more days go by and some person from the bank asks me once again for more of the same forms and proof of what I make. I send that to them and they said that’s not enough, now they want 2 years of my completed tax forms sent to them. I told them my accountant has them and he’s out and it’ll take a few days but here are all of my incomes for the past 2 years, very plain and simple. I know what you’re thinking, they are concerned that I can’t pay back my loans. I’m making $250k per year with an almost 800 credit score and the loan is only for $30k! This doesn’t include my wife’s earnings which are over twice as much as I make. The only reason I didn’t just buy a car straight up is because my home construction project went over twice the budget so I was running thin on cash. Basically, this should have been the easiest loan ever but after a number of emails to speak with them, they decided to drop my loan 3 weeks in and just before my lease was up basically wasting my time and making it impossible to use another company. I complained to rate genius and they say, you’re right and I’m sorry. We will close out your case and sorry for wasting your time. Wow….just wow.