Auto Loan Reviews

Results 1-10 of 52Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next
I was approved but shopped around Helpful to 9 out of 9 people

Their loan guy was pushy didn't like I was going to shop around and told him I accepted loan else where.  He told me the other companies were the real people who were ripping people off (people like capital one, etc).  Then today get email saying they declined my loan due to credit and that it may not have been my credit that affected the decision but that they couldn't find me a better rate than I had.  That's BS ... they did offer a better rate but I chose not to go with them and declined due to the unfavorable reviews I found on them.

Mar 15, 2013 Reply
Don't use them Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

They were too busy trying to get me to go with rategenius after I did and everything was processed they never followed up or anything after that. I had to call them everytime! No thank you for your business or anything. I would never reccommend this company to anyone.

Oct 19, 2012 Reply

Don't waste your time applying for a refinance loan with Rate (No genius). The woman taking the application was rude and abnoxious, promised to call with a decision, never happened. Sent an email saying "denied' never gave any explanation, even though I was prequalified for a loan from a nationwide credit union.  Emailed them back for an explanation, they never replied.  In my opionion, they are an unprofessional and uncredible establishment.  There appears to be a number of complaints about them.....Credit Karma should do its clients a favor and dump them from their list.

steve468's review was:

Jul 09, 2012 Reply

steve468(2, 14)

Review by steve468

Quick, Courteous, and saved me THOUSANDS Helpful to 10 out of 11 people

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Xterra a few years back and because of my husband's lack of credit and my meager income we got slammed with an interest rate of 17.9%.  My company currently works with RateGenius on a regular basis, so I thought I would submit an application for refinance based on my knowledge of all the people they help every day.  I recieved a call back the same day, and since I was now working (and not interning) they were able to offer me a rate of 4.75% saving me around 5000 in interest over the life of the loan!  It dropped my payment from $370 per month to $277 (and that included GAP insurance)!  They were extremely polite to boot.  They overnighted me the refinance packet and flagged everything I needed to read over and sign making the process super easy, and included a prepaid envelope to send it back!  I am eternally grateful for the service they provided!  And it didn't cost me a dollar!

-Ashley H.

Dec 18, 2012 Reply

I spoke to Fred and all sounded fine over the phone, I signed my paper work. Took it to UPS and mailed it with a Next Day UPS tag. My package some how got loss at Rate Genius. I gues there are no Geniuses there. They wasted my time and took away my trust. If you cant process overnite forms, Its a blessing and a warning NOT to do business. I was almost late for the 1st time messing with this business that smells like a scam .

Apr 16, 2012 Reply

I recently applied and was accepted within 24 hrs.  The ONLY insurance they tried to sell me was the gap insurance due to the high price of the vehicle.  All the paperwork was done through ups and my rate was MUCH lower than my existing rate.   My note dropped $140.00/mo!!!!  I am Very satisfied.

Sep 26, 2011 Reply

I applied for auto refinance loan at Rate Genius. They seemed more interested in selling me auto insurance. They did not notify me of their decision regarding my application- I was able to go to their site and find that my loan had be denied (which is fine) but there was no specific reason for the denial. I sent the company a email through their web site requesting the specific reason for the denial-I did not get a response. It seemed to me they really wanted to sell insurance rather than make an auto loan.

Buster57's review was:

Oct 17, 2010 Reply

Buster57(1, 6)

Review by Buster57

If you indeed made an application for credit and were denied, Regulation B requires an adverse action notice (denial letter) to be sent to you within 30 days of the credit decision.  If it was a preapproval vs an application, then the adverse action notice doesn't apply, although many lenders send them anyway.

tbird511's reply was:

Oct 27, 2010

tbird511(1, 5)

Review by tbird511

Sorry to hear that.  I was able to save money on my auto loand and on my insurance.  All in one phone call.

dan6681's reply was:

Jan 31, 2013

dan6681(1, 2)

Review by dan6681

nolongerupsidedown Helpful to 5 out of 6 people

After paying off 2 vehicle loans over 4 years at 22% with excellent payment history, I purchased a new vehicle in 2-2012 and recieved a rate of 14.73 from the dealers lender(RoadLoans). On 1-2013 I purchased a second vehicle for my wife, and although I had a year of perfect payments I get stuck with a rate of 18.24 from the dealers lender (Regional Acceptance).  In June I used Lending tree to get the first vehicle refinanced and one of the options was my current lender at a higher rate. Anthony at Rate Genius called me with a rate of 8.99 and  after reviewing my credit report saw the second vehicle that I had just 5 months and was sure he could get me the same rate for that vehicle as well, and he did. I had the paperwork by the end of the day, after reviewing it I signed and over-nighted the contract back to them. They funded the loans in three day, and I have an extra $180 a month in my pocket. My score was 600 at the time. Needless to say I will never use a dealer lender again.

Jul 25, 2013 Reply
VERY HAPPY WITH RATE GENIUS!!! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I refinanced through rate genius and I am very pleased with them. I was paying 17.5% interest and $442 per month on my car loan. I was able to get it dropped to 6.2% and now pay $312 per month. I would highly recommend them to anyone shopping around to refinance.

Apr 01, 2014 Reply
Happy Customer Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Was thrilled to get a loan refinanced and drop by 4% points over the course of the loan.  My loan specialist was friendly and located in my city so I was able to go to the office and review the paperwork in person.  They saved me time and money.  They followed up on my questions regarding additional payments and I was happy with the process.

Aug 22, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 52Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of RateGenius

Through a network of partner lenders, RateGenius offers refinancing of existing auto loans, cars at the end of a lease, and financing of new and used cars from a dealer. All lenders associated with the RateGenius network are FDIC-insured, and the application process can be completed in as little as twenty-four hours. Many loan offers are provided with no interest prepayment penalties. Other available RateGenius products include extended warranties and mechanical breakdown insurance. The RateGenius website offers helpful tools such as an auto loan calculator and refinancing savings examples. Customer service is available by phone or online.

Headquartered in Austin, Texas, RateGenius is an online loan brokerage company established in 1999.

Company Details