Capital One® Auto Finance

Capital One® Auto Finance

3.5

Jan 09, 2022
Such a GREAT help!

Iv been out of work due to the family getting covid, I luckily didn't get it but my work has their own regulations on how to go about being around someone with covid. Those are you can't go back to work for 10 days even if you test negative to the test me just being around people who have it in my home made it so I actually had to stay home longer then the people who tested positive. So I unfortunately had no income or anything planned for this. I had used my emergency pay when my brother fell off of a cliff and I was the only one who could take care of him. So emergency pay was off the page for us, and I had my phone bill due, rent and car payment to pay for. I'm a server so I make my money on my performance everyday. When I check to see how bad I was falling into the hole I applied for an extension on my auto loan payment not believing I would ever get it (with the bad luck strike iv been facing the past year or two) so when I checked today to see I was approved for it I literally felt a weight being lifted off me. So grateful for this company and for making me feel the slittiest bit of hope. So I truly recommend to work with Capitol One ♡

Nov 11, 2021
Total nightmare from the start

When I first refinance my loan I spent over a year of aggravation with them calling me and telling me I had to sign paperwork which I had done already. Very hard and takes a long time to talk to an actual human being. Hopefully you never have a time when you need to skip a payment because they are very difficult and they will find a reason not to do it for you. My car is almost paid off and then I will be done with them. I’ll never ever refinance a vehicle with them again I’ll stick with a credit union they are at least human

Jul 22, 2022
Horrible

Most predatory auto loan company. Currently paying $470/mo. Only $166 goes towards principle balance. Paid over $15k and still owe $14k on a 18k car. Will not let you refinance or renegotiate. Don’t waste your time or resources.

Jul 21, 2022
Can’t change my phone number!

Got a new phone number. Haven’t been able to log in to the app or the website since. I called to change my number and they need me to send proof of who I am, then wait 7-10 days. I’ve had zero issues with any and all other creditors. If I am able to verify my security information, why can I not just change my phone number? Paid off my account and won’t use them again!

Jul 05, 2022
Carlos

Chrysler

Jun 17, 2022
Would not recommend

The customer service representatives barely speak English. They do not understand half of what you are asking. If you fall into financial hardships, they do not work with you. They repeatedly say, “call back when your loan is behind and we will see what we can do”. I don’t want to call back when my loan is behind bc then they can report negatively on my credit report. I switch to capital one for a lower interest rate but now I regret it bc they do not help you at all. I’ve had capital one for years and made all my payments on time but they can’t give me a break one time? Would not recommend. The only reason I gave them 2 stars is because the interest rate was lower.

May 26, 2022
Waste of time!

I was pre-approved on a specific vehicle. The vehicle cost roughly half of what I was pre-approved for. I went to the dealer, test drove, agreed to buy the vehicle... and CapitalOne told the dealer I had to put down 6 to 7 times more money than what was stated in the pre-approval. I understand pre-approval is an estimate... but that's so far "out of the ballpark" that is makes the pre-approval senseless and useless. What's worse is that I'm a former Cap1 customer with good credit. They wasted my time!

May 24, 2022
Not happy

Really not happy with Capital one right now. My car payment is due on the 23rd of each month. I didn't get paid until the 23 so paid it immediately when I got home from work. Now they are saying my payment was late and it wasn't showing I have late payment. Usually the payment is posted immediately not this month it still hasn't posted to my bank. Feels like I am being set up for a late payment.

May 17, 2022
Terrible Company

Refinanced truck through them almost 4 years ago. They did not do title name change right . Truck was totalled almost 2 years ago and cannot get insurance money or truck paid off due to them not correcting names on title. They also put truck on my husband and my credit as charged off. Horrible company. Have called off and on for the last 2 years of course trying to get matter corrected only to get runaround and have to talk to many different people who dont have a clue whats going on nor do they understand you. Would never do business with them again and would not recommend anyone to them. Its an outrage and something should be done in order to prevent this from happening to other people.

May 07, 2022
Wells Fargo

I can't pay them straight from my bank account

Mar 25, 2022
Horrible customer service

Never will I deal with them again. They can't answer questions. I needed the name on my title changed. I got about 5 different stories. Stay away

Mar 14, 2022
I love Capital One Auto Refinance

I refinanced my car and got a reduced APR. I paid it off on 03/02/22 and received my title today! Note: upload required docs and mail them. Also for final pymt choose payoff balance option and choose payoff date. Wonderful!!