Caribou

Reviews: Caribou

Caribou

4.1

Nov 10, 2021
whole process was great, just be careful

The process with MotoRefi was nice, and teddy was great to work with. The only thing I would say is beware of the bank/credit union they pair you with. I was unfortunately paired with a credit union that is absolutely TERRIBLE to work with. I got a great percentage rate and payment, but honestly would have dealt with that over this worthless credit union.

Jul 07, 2021
now owing two loans, thanks to MotoRefi

It started with an easy (ish) application process for a simple auto loan refinance. Just like other companies, it's a portal that you put your information into. Then we went into email for more documents, and by the way, now there is a $400 document handling fee that they don't tell you about. 3 weeks and multiple emails forward [on June 7th], they said refinance is complete, and a check has been sent to the old lender to clean it out. As of this writing [July 7th], the old lender shows a balance, the new lender tells me i should get my paperwork from the broker (MotoRefi), and no one knows why I owe two balances to two different banks. They are probably a good company that has just grown too fast and thinks about their customers as just a number to raise more money, ratehr than being compliant with the requirements of the industry. Do it at your own risk. I spent $400 and 8-9 hours of my time on the phone and I am still lost. Update: I finally got my new lender account working (because i called them, not that MotoRefi did anything). I got it just in time as the first loan payment is due tomorrow. MotoRefi is still "looking at my information" !

May 13, 2022
Fast refinance

This was the fastest refinance ever! One day! Tracy A was awesome to work with 10 out of 10 highly recommend

May 07, 2022
Refinanced for over $5,000 what I owed?

Working with Natalie, the process went very quickly. With my previous lender I had a 16.44% interest rate and had a pay off balance of $21,000. I was approved for an auto refinance up to the amount of $22,135.61 with a 4.71% interest rate with Rogue Credit Union. Upon signing in to Rogue Credit Union for the first time today, my auto loan is showing for $26,082.69! If this is the case, I was surely better off not refinancing at all. I can’t imagine what the extra $5,000 is for, and I am attempting to hear back from Natalie. But will be calling the credit Union this morning, 5/7/22

May 06, 2022
What just happened? Awful Experience

Good Process. Good Rate once approved. Was very excited!..However.. Went to upload the docs, and was unable to log back in. Was contacted by a rep who said they kept sending me emails. Was not getting them. I even gave him an alternate email to use. Still didn't get anything. He sent me a link to try via text...it was someone else's loan. Really bad stuff there. One of the worst experiences I've had when trying to refinance, but hey - at least their interface is smooth - everything else is not.

May 04, 2022
Waste of time

Started the process online - enough to get to rates/payments... but then got pulled into a work thing but at least knew some details. That led to several days of calls/texts chasing me but when I finally had a moment to circle back to things the guy ghosts - missed his set time to call, a week later has never reached out again. So I tried to go back online - trigger I had an account (I dont). So I do a "password reset" it recommends. Errors. So I call in - their "system is down" but he'll circle back to me. He doesn't. So I call again - finally get somewhere (I think) - to get a text the next day "it didn't go through - thanks". All this effort (and poor service follow through) for the same result I could get on a Visa card in 30 seconds.

Apr 29, 2022
Auto refinance

If I had known this process would be so easy, I would’ve done it way before! Jessika G was absolutely amazing. Got my refinance complete in 2 days. She was helpful and kind the entire time and was so responsive. 10/10 would recommend!!

Apr 21, 2022
Great!

Ask for Liz! She was great. From start to finish I didn't have to stress over anything. She made it very easy for me to refinance! She also kept me updated with things throughout the time through text message!

Apr 16, 2022
Car Refinance

They have been absolutely amazing through the whole process of refinancing my car. Ray was my loan guy and was so helpful through out this process, explained everything in detail, he is the BEST!! Thank you for making this so easy!!

Apr 16, 2022
Not worth it if you are lowering a few percentages

I cannot speak on any specific companies but this is for those who are considering refinancing with any company. With the fees, increased loan terms they make you end up spending more or about the same amount for the car at the end of the refinanced loan. It’s just a matter of it going to interest or not with the reduced interest.

Apr 13, 2022
Great Service

Liz made the refinance process quick and easy for me.

Apr 13, 2022
I would not recommend refinancing unless 1.99

Remaining balance 52x520. 74= 27078 @6.09 Caribou offers 3.49 24x1081=25944 36x733=26388 48x560=27108 Not recommend. High sch graduate so don't know the math to explain you guy.