Should I have a credit card removed from my account that is not mine, yet has never been late?
My parents gave everyone in the family an AMEX card many years ago. Combined, there are 5 users and all go to the main account. We spend $20k per month on the card and it's paid off in full each month. I've noticed that the main card is showing up on my credit report with a balance of $17k. This account has never had a late mark and has been active for over 20 years. My personal credit reports are showing this account, showing that I have had "credit" since 1982 (I was born in 78). Should I ask to have this line item removed or should I keep it? It's not a negative on my report, I'm just curious how this is effecting me.