Question

vidyy

Refinancing two cars at the same time, and other misc. questions about auto refinancing
So I am currently trying to refinance an auto loan shared by my sister and I. I'd like to know a few things since this is my first time with auto refinancing:

1. She got denied by a few places due to insufficient income when applying alone, so I'd have to co-sign with her again. I'm wondering whether it would make a difference in the interest rate offered if the one with the higher credit / higher income go as primary lender vs. as a co-signer.

2. I also have my own auto loan that I was thinking to refinance under just my name, and was wondering whether it would be best that I also apply to refinance this one at the same time as I am applying for the one with my sister, instead of waiting say a few months and having the new interest rate be affected by my drop in credit after the hard pulls from my sister's application.

Thanks!

3. Does anyone also know what the set number of days is that you get to shop around before these hard pulls count as more than 1? (I've heard that if you apply at multiple banks and credit unions who all pull your credit, it would still count as 1 hard pull before that set number of days. Is this true?)

Thanks, guys!