NO improvement, pd off Credit cards, no new ones, what the heck?
I have paid off all my credit cards, and/or have paid everything on time, have no new loans or credit cards. I am trying to only use my AMEX, which I pay in full every month so I have no interest charges. And in the past when they looked at my debt to income ratio they did not include my AMEX since it was paid in full every month, but now it is showing up as a regular credit card and shows 19% interest.
I sold an interest in a business so my saving has increased substantially, but still no change in my score! What the heck, what else can I do?
If I paid off my car loan would that make a difference?

Most Helpful Response

Usage must show to build score.

Okay, paying off the credit cards is good.  But, to build a higher credit score, the credit card usage has to show up on the credit reports.  This site gets information from Transunioin.  I don't know which credit bureau AMEX reports to because most companies report to one or two different credit bureaus, which might mean AMEX reports to Experian or Equifax.  Check your credit reports ( to see which ones AMEX is reporting to.

You may want to pull out one or two of those other credit cards periodically and use them, then pay them in full every month.  Will show good usage of credit and on time payments.

Your payment pattern shows a virtual 'cash only" basis, which is great, but doesn't count on credit score.  Use the credit cards, wait for the statements to come in, pay before the due date and this way, the credit usage will get reported and you should see your score raise.

Personally, I prefer the cash only basis myself, but these days, we do need a good credit score to be able to buy things on credit at a decent rate.

We Can Help You Figure That Out....

We look your report with you right over the phone!!!

I am a paralegal with Lexington Law. We have been doing Credit Report Repair for over 21 years and helped over 1/2 a Million people! WE are the Trusted Leaders in Credit Report Repair. I have worked here for 5 years.

If you SERIOUSLY want GOOD credit and a GOOD credit score, Call me at:

1-(855) 255-3410

Extension 61031

Ask for Amy Stevens

I am a real person, that is my real photo and I would love to talk with you about fixing your credit.  Visit to get information about the service and the fees.

Talk to you soon,