Question

zippityyipperz

new credit, need advice... get 2nd credit card or try another line of credit?
have a 3 month new secured credit card. Showing a CS of 728. After reading all the advise from everyone, I get it now how to use the card for optimim benefit. My question is, is it better to try to start a new line of credit, such as some financed purchase, or start another secured card? I've already 3 hard inquiries, so I'm worried that by trying to make a purchase and being refused, that it may affect my score negatively. Is that correct? Any suggestions? Willing to take the small drop on the score amount to better it in the long run, but only if it's beneficial. Maybe this is a matter of me just "jumping the gun"...I spose my question should be, Will either starting another secured credit card or opening a new line of credit help to more quikly raise my score total, or is it wiser to just let time do it's thing?