Question

nfable

How to connect a GECRB/AMAZON store card account for monitoring?
I don't know if store cards issued by GECRB can be linked on CK; but I'd love to know if anyone has - I'm finding CK a swell tool for getting my head around my credit but would like to connect my GECRB/AMAZON account which shows up, but cannot be connected...

When I go to link a Chase.com login shows up?

There's the Amazon Visa as an issuing entity and GE Capital Retail Bank (which this is) but nowhere is there the correct login url associated which is: https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/login.do?subActionId=1000&clientId=amazon&langId=en&accountType=plcc

Any advise welcomed - it'd be nice if we could enter our own URL for situations like this.

thx,
R

Most Helpful Response

Reply from GECRB/AMAZON

I recently contacted GECRB/AMAZON about why they do not support MINT or CreditKarma, here is their responce: 

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your amazon.com account, and the opportunity to be of service to you.

At GE, it is our priority to protect your personal information.  At this time, mint.com does not currently meet GE’s security standards and protocols. For this reason, we do not support direct interaction with that website. Please be assured that we are working with several companies to design a secure process to ensure you have uninterrupted, convenient access to your billing information.  It is our pleasure to offer you paperless statements and electronic payment options at no cost on our credit website.  

We appreciate you as a valued amazon.com customer and hope you will continue to shop with us. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center."

So it looks like the security and programming people at GECRB/AMAZON and CreditKarma need to meet to go over what needs to be brought upto spec.

Probably Not Really Security

I work for a bank. I bet it's not security. They might be using a system that doesn't allow this type of connection. Maybe they haven't licensed the tier of software that would allow this interaction. If the system is in-house then they probably don't want to spend the cost of the development to add such a feature. As a bank, you don't want to say, "Our systems suck and it can't do that." so you say it's a security thing or you're looking to bring that feature online sometime in the future. It could be security, but more likely it's compatibility and they don't want to pony up the cost to add the feature. It is understandable why they wouldn't want to spend the money just so people can use Mint.com and CK; there has to be large demand. My 2 cents.

I understand there is a security risk, and I appreciate those companies being reluctant to give out our information. I would like CK to offer an option to import the data manually. I would rather CK gather the info automatically, but situations where this is not an option, I'd be okay with manual imput. KC, please consider this option. 

Same Issue

Hasnt updated in MONTHS, and I've paid the whole card off. Still shows $1000 on my account in credit that is no longer there. Kind of  a problem in getting accurate info.

Amazon Store Card

Hi Credit Karma, Can you guys try to work it out with Amazon on how we can Connect our Store Card. Because this is obviously an issue when it comes to their card only.

Resolution

I'm just going to pay off the GECRB/AMAZON card and when I close my account notify a main reason being inability to monitor my account elsewhere.  The 'security concerns' related from a Customer Service representative means that they do not possess the technological ability, and have insufficient inclination to pursue advancing the offerings of their account services to customers.  I highly doubt a lower tier credit entity like GECRB/AMAZON is more scrutinizing about security than my mortgage company or Discover.

dancer4life

I have two seperate cards through GE Bank (now Synchrony) one with Amazon and a CareCredit card, I was able to link CareCredit so I don't see why Amazon won't link since they're through the same bank. That's what is making me the most frustrated. 

yo. bump. CK?

I can read that this has gone on for a year? I have a banana republic card and an amazon card, now they are both switching to synchrony bank and it shows up in CK as such... however the totals are way higher than they really are in CK. Either allow manual updates or do something about this. Geez, how about some form of answer to start?

It's all about the ads

So I read somewhere, I forget where, that the real reason GECRB wouldn't allow Mint.com or CreditKarma to link to their accounts was because of the way the websites advertise. I've tried to reach out to customer service a few times, and I have gotten nowhere. As long as Mint and CK use other credit cards to advertise, GECRB or I guess now Synchrony won't be willing to allow accounts to link.

Will it ever update?

I understand why Amazon is not allowing CK to connect, however will my amazon card balance every update on CK?? My balance was updated Dec, Jan, Feb and March but nothing for April... My balance has gone down signicicantly so I am wondering if this will ever get updated on the CK side. I am sure this is affecting my credit score so shouldn't it update to be accurate??  TIA 

This worked previously but now any with either Amazon or GE Capital don't show up any more.