Question

MoneyMoney100

How can I remove a joint cardmember from my Discover card?
When I first opened my Discover It Student, I was pretty new to credit and my score was probably fairly low. My mom was added to my application as a joint applicant. Now, my credit score is over 720 and 5 credit cards with zero late payments. I have the lowest credit limit with Discover (only $1000) and if I want to increase it, it requires a hard pull on my credit and my mom's. I've asked them to remove her but they say it's not possible to take her off my account without closing the account and opening a new one. My credit score is good enough now that I don't need her on it and I don't want my CLI requests to affect her score.
Has anybody had experience getting Discover to remove joint cardmembers?