Help or Hurt: Removing my name from parents credit card
My credit score is current a 760 which I'm happy about for my age (25). However, there is one credit card listed on my account that is actually my parents but I was on while I was in college. That particular card has a credit utilization rate of 38% but has been open for 30 years.

Personally, I have a combined line of $14k credit across 4 credit cards and never carry a balance, so my credit utilization rate is usually around 7 or 8%. I also have student loans and a car payment that I have never missed payments on.

My question is: if I remove my name from my parents card, will it help or hurt my score? Will the fact that my utilization rate goes down from ~20% to about 7/8% outweigh the payment history and total time of my parents card on my score?