Question

needylady

hard time paying my card off!
can I close my account and still owe a balance so nothing else gets charged to my card?

Most Helpful Response

Tear it up!

Tear up the card and keep the account. Exercise some self control. You are the master of your own destiny.

Exercise self control

Closing accounts is not a good thing.  Just don't charge anything that you can't immediately send them a payment for.  For example, spend $40 on groceries and send them a check for $40.  This will lower your interest paid as well for the relevant month.

Yes, you can, but I believe you will be hurting your credit score if you lower your credit limit.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. Also talk with someone live and tell them how you feel about the situation. They may lower the interest rate.