Question

Resh345678

Closed my first credit card account that is less than 2 years old thinking I am leaving the country.
My credit score dropped by almost 50 points in the last month and it went from the great category to just edging into good at 676. What do I need to get back on track ? Is opening a new credit card account, a good idea? I worry that a rejection for a credit card might push me into the fair score category? I had a Bank of America Preferred Cash Rewards credit card previously and I am thinking of getting a Bank of America Preferred Travel Rewards credit card this time around. How slim r my chances of approval ?