Question

Tennesseesweetie

Can I close a store credit card account without hurting my credit?
I have a store credit card I opened less than a year ago, that I have never used. I never plan on using it and it is impossible to make small purchases with it. Would it really hurt my credit if o closed the account? It is not my oldest card.

Most Helpful Response

Whatever the credit limit is on that card, it will be removed from your total available credit, so might reduce your credit score some.  You could just keep the card in a safe place and not use it, which will keep that credit limit as part of your total.