Additional Cardholder Status Hurting My Score?
I am an Additional Cardholder on several of my mother's credit cards. I only have them in the event of an emergency, so none of the existing balance on the accounts is attributable to me at this time. My mother is over 30% of her available balance right now, apx 55%.

I filed bankruptcy in 2004 and have no credit cards of my own except a department store card with a $300 limit which I generally keep a balance percentage between 10-30%.

I want to improve my credit score in preparation for a car loan that may need to occur in the next year or so.

Am I better off removing my name from her accounts and attempting to get some kind of credit card on my own now?