Question

DannyBlast49

What credit card moves should I do?
Hello! I'm looking for some help in regards to what actions I should do for my next credit cards.

I'm currently sitting on a FICO score of 748 and have an average credit history of 6 yrs. I currently only have 1 credit card, so my utilization currently tops close to 30% when the end of the month happens and I pay my credit card off (I do this most every month).

After doing my research, I want to get 2 credit cards that together will give me an average cash back of 2.25% per year (Chase Freedom and Citi Double Cash card). I want to do this because my current credit card doesn't really have that great rewards, and the cash back would open up some money to put in my savings accounts. Also, I want to keep my credit utilization to below 10%.

My biggest concern with doing this move is that my credit age average will go down significantly, meaning that it will probably take me at least 3-5 years to bring everything back to a 6yr average. I'm not looking into getting any big loans in 5 years anyways, so I think getting those cards now would be the best, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any con's in getting those 2 cards now. Should I get both cards now or space them out?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.