Question

dsatterfield

the first tenn bank visa, the first horizon home loan and the nationstar loan "NOT MINE"
these are my x husbands loans. they went to him in the divorce march 11, 2011. He was to pay the first tn visa off...I paid 7775.00 in 90 days after the divorce. this was his debt. he filed bankrupcy 2014.. the house also . he retained the house.mortgage thur first horizon, he got behind on payments they sold loan to nationstar. these are not mine....no one will refinace him because he is behind in payments. and now he has filed bankrupcy.....I signed a quit claim deed. but this is still looking bad on ME. Im sure you can understand how frustrated I am because I pay my bills on time. I would like this removed from my account.

Most Helpful Response

Hi dsatterfield, Information on your Credit Karma account is taken directly from TransUnion. To correct errors, you'll need to intiate a dispute. Start by getting a copy of your free full credit report on Credit Karma at https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport. You can initiate a dispute online or via postal mail.

A divorce decree and a quit claim deed do not remove you from any loan or mortgage that you had with your ex. When you applied for these loans/cards/mortgage, they used your info as well as your husband's info (income, credit score,etc).  So these creditors don't just take your name off the note when you get a divorce.  And the divorce decree doesn't apply to them, only to you and your ex.  In order to get your name off the mortgage, your ex would have had to re-finance the note in his name only.   Since that didn't happen, these accounts are yours.  Sorry!