Question

RipMeoffTwice

STAY AWAY FROM DISCOVER CARD
I wanted to take a moment to voice my genuine disappointment in Discovers customer service team and current processes. I have been a customer for several years and always felt valued until I actually needed assistance with a vendor. It was always my understanding that you protect the client based on all your various ad’s and commercials and yet when I needed to most be helped I find myself fighting an uphill battle.

Let me take a step back and say that literally a vendor has robbed me of nearly $900.00 and Discover has basically told us there is nothing that can be done because we attempted to resolve this directly and was once again deceived. Ultimately we are paying a charge that literally we received nothing for. I have worked tirelessly to make sure my credit score is on target so being force to pay this has been hard to swallow. I will tell you that once we have and ultimately once I can confirm closing my account with you wont hurt my credit profile I will be.

I am extremely disappointed not only have I been a victim of fraud once but I am being punished a second time for keeping my accounts current with your company. My options are to get an attorney which we all know is costly, file a complaint with the attorney general or simply take to social media. All of these options I neither have the time nor the money to pursue and would really like your assistance in resolving this. This will be my last effort before going forward however I will tell you that this has been very troubling for me especially being a business owner and a responsible user of credit lines.

I wanted to allow them an opportunity to discuss this prior to bad mouthing or taking other complaint routes because as a business person I know how important the value of word of mouth is. I gave them that opportunity and was again left with no resolution.

With that in mind and that I am literally out of options I have no choice but to tell people to stay clear of anything to do with Discover. If you have any concern or hopes that your credit card company will protect you against theft and fraud DO NOT DEPEND ON DISCOVER.

I will be closing my account as well as my mothers account and would recommend anyone else do the same if they depend on the protections of using credit cards. I will continue to use their competitors and be happy to do so.