Should I ask credit card company to re-report my account?
So I'm a little confused and frustrated. I am trying to fix my credit and have read a lot of great information on these forums. One piece of advice I read on here was that if a credit company is reporting no data on credit reports to dispute it and get it taken off as it can negatively affect your credit score.

So I took the advice and noticed that on my Equifax credit report I had two Target credit card accounts being reported. My first Target card was stolen in 2006. Once I reported it stolen I received a new card with a new account number. I recently noticed that Target was still reporting the old account to Equifax only. It had no data and I also noticed the old account had my new account number on it while my current valid account had the old account number on it.

So I called Target and notified them of this and asked if they could just report my current valid account with the correct account number. They said no problem. So a month later I checked my Equifax credit report and the old account had been removed with an 11 point drop in my Equifax credit score. I thought that was unfair but I let it go and was happy my account was up to date and only showing my positive paid off account.

So this morning I check my Transunion and Equifax reports and both credit scores went down. I looked to see what the reason could be and saw that there was a removed account from my TU credit report. Target had taken off my current valid cc from their report! I only wanted them to stop reporting the old account to Equifax and now they have stopped reporting my current account to TU but Equifax still shows it (current one). Because of this my credit score went down 9 points on TU!

So now my question is... do I call back Target and ask if they can re-report my current credit account with TU again or will my credit score take a hit and drop because I'm reporting a "new" account that really isn't new? This just angers me because this was the longest account I've had at 13 years and no lates and I just paid it off for the first time with 0 balance last month and now they took it off? Help! I don't know if re-reporting will ding my credit score that I've been working for months to improve. ;/ But this is my best credit card to report: longest and paid off with no lates.