I just paid off all 12 of my credit cards. Which ones to close?
Yes I know 12 is a ridiculous amount, but I'm very responsible on managing all of them and never had any late payments or delinquencies ever. My problem was my high utilization rate (average 79%).

I was recently approved for a Lending Club debt consolidation loan at a much lower rate than I'm paying on all of my credit cards to make my life easier. Once I got the funds deposited, I immediately paid off all my credit cards to 0 balance.

Now my question is, is it a good idea to start closing some of them (especially the retail ones)?

I have:
- 3 from Bank of America (my oldest ones, will keep)
- Discover More (keep)
- Citi Diamond Preferred (new card, keep for the 18mos 0 APR, them maybe close?)

- Citi Sears Card (low credit limit, will close)
- Barclay Apple Card (only 2 years old, will close)
- Lowes (ridiculous APR, close)
- Nordstrom (oldest account, open)
- Victoria's Secret (close)
- Express (close)
- A&F (close)

I plan on keeping all my bank ones open, but only going to actively use 2 of them. Maybe keeping 1 retail card open (my oldest one) and just rarely use it or not at all.

Would that be fine? Even though I have great history on all of them, I heard retail cards are bad to have on your credit report, but I also heard keeping them open and not using them is actually better.

Also how many cards can you close at once? Is it better to do one by one over a long period of time or can I cancel a few at a time?

Thank you.