Has anyone used Blue Harbor Auto Loan to refinance an auto loan?
I want to refinance my auto loan...is Blue Harbor Auto Loan, a good company to use?

colbail

Most Helpful Response
do not deal with them complete incompete

They did a loan package with the wrong amounts to be paid off on the loan and then they sent the funds to the wrong lender who proceeded to pay off the balance on the wrong car.  You have to be a masochist to deal with them.  Run like hell.

Response by
eileeng46

Contact the Attorney General

DenoVelvet

And the nightmare continues.

I refinanced my car with Blue Harbor about a year ago at a signicantly lower rate than what I was paying previously. They sold my husband an extended warranty, which turned out to be completely useless, but that is beside the point. I traded my car in, so obviously the dealership wrote a check for my loan, including the extended warranty. I called a few times to ensure that my warranty would be shipped to me and not the credit company I finananced with. After a few phone calls to straighten my address out, they told me it would be about 2-3 weeks before I received my refund check. After FOUR weeks had gone by, I called again. Apparently 'all of the refund checks that went out in the mail last week were lost'. BULL CRAP. Nadia, (who sounds like she's half asleep when you speak to her), assured me that the checks were sent out again on Friday. At this point, I was extremely frustrated and requested some time of proof that my check had been sent out. She 'went to check with accounting' and OH MY GOODNESS my check had not been sent out. Surprise, SURPRISE! She 'overnighted' the check to me. Thank goodness the ordeal was over! Or was it. I received a FedEx confirmation email on Tuesday PM and I was to receive my package containing my refund check on Thursday afternoon. When it never came, I called FedEx. They said that the package was never dropped off at their facility, the shipping label had only been created, and the deilvery time was an estimate. I type this as I am attempting to get ahold of Nadia, but too bad her voicemail is full. Probably with more clients who are equally as unhappy with the customer service, I would assume. I wonder if she ever calls them back? I purchased my car on May 7; it is now almost JULY and I do not have any answers, or my money. Stay far away from this company, for your own sanity. 

Response by
allysnwnderland

Pretty easy to spot the paid reviews from their wording alone. Right, Surfertown?

inacommando

I did a lot of research in the auto finance business and sure enough, BlueHarbor had the best rate for my situation. I also had Nadia's service when calling Blueharbor, however my experience was very different. She was very helpful and walked me through the process of getting a great loan for my first vehicle purchase. She was very diligent in calling me back and I had no trouble calling her for advice. I highly recommend Blueharbor services towards my friends and family. I was just  amazed by their customer service. 

Surfertown

Yes and I don't reccomend them, all they want to do is sell you their warranty, it took 5 days of fighting with them to get it removed from my loan doc's then they sat on it for days before telling me they couldn't open the file I sent back to them.  When you call them, you get put on hold forever.  Customer service sucks!  I am still waiting for them to fund my loan. 

Response by
beckyjoe916

I'm with MsBAMoses. I found them wonderfully helpful. They found a lender that more than cut my interest rate in half, my loan period was cut by several months and I saved thousands of dollars. Yes, they push the warranty, but I was able to pass on it without much difficulty.

And, if you decide AFTER signing the documents that you want to cancel the warranty, all you have to do is call the warranty company and they refund to your lender the entire amount within the first 60 days of your loan, reducing the age of your loan.

Now, I am buying my car through a credit union, which i will be able to use in the future for other credit buys. I highly recommend them.

katiebug1957

I had the opposite experience, finding them to be very helpful and fast in the refinancing.  I needed to lower my monthly payments on my car, although by refinancing , I put myself in more debt.  I would think about it longer if I had it to do again, because it involved closing an old account in good standing and opening a new one with higher debt.

MsBAMoses

Contact the Attorney General

DenoVelvet

Thanks everyone

I am so happy for this feedback because I was about to make the mistake of going with them. If they are so horrible, why is creditkarma even presenting them as a option. I am sure they see this feedback as well; therefore they should have kicked them off the list of creditors that they will offer to customers that use their website. Now this makes me think twice about them.....

Response by
goodgirlathome

Creditkarma is FREE for us to use...so they have to make money somewhere....

vernb2

if there still promoting the company they must be doing something right ! 

kuuipo86

Stay Away!

CreditKarma showed a potential savings of over $100 a month due to a lower interest rate BASED UPON MY CREDIT SCORE. I was "approved" by Blue Harbor but they said they couldn't offer a lower rate, only a longer term. Now I just wasted a credit inquiry and accomplished nothing. Also the rep was not warm at all.

Response by
Kentexan

Don't use this company

Please don't use this company, that's the worse experience I ever had. They made waste 3 weeks for nothing. I'm going directly to the bank to get my loan. I regret so much using their service. Feel free to e-mail if you want more detailes. apamendes@yahoo.com....... By the way, all the good reviews here are fake. 

Response by
apamendes

BTW the reviews are not FAKE !

kuuipo86

NO! Stay away!

Once you receive your score from Credit Karma you are led to believe that your score qualifies you for 1 of 3 Blue Harbor auto refi options. Those options are obviously better than what you currently have. Its a big waste of time. You call in after you have completed the process and you talk to a guy that transfers you to Steffan. I gave the operator my name and infor and Steffan answers the phone so unprofessional. Thiiiis iiiiis Steffan. A professional would greet you with "Good afternoon Bill" What a joke. The end result was, "Oh I can't help you" What a scam. I'm going to have the AG look into their practices.

Response by
DenoVelvet

Fees watchout

Well it seemed to good to be true and was. I have a loan at 5.35 they emailed and said I could refi at 3.24 sounded good so I asked them to proceed. I got the docs to sign and there was 425 in fees. so it made the deal not worth it to raise my pricipal by over 400. It is a good deal if you really can move your rate a large amount.

Response by
Jrbe23

No good

I had a very bad experience with them. Despite having a very good credit score, they were unwilling to proceed with my re-financing as apparently my current value of the car was lesser than how much I owe on the car. I was even willing to do a deposit to cover that gap as it was only $1000 dollars gap. They just seemed in a hurry to close the application without any further review.

Response by
vishu91

Thanks for the warnings!

Thanks everyone for putting out the warning on this company!  I thought a 3% loan on a 5 year old car sounded too good to be true. I was hoping to cut my monthly payment in half, but no such luck.  I'll just stick with my US Bank loan.

Response by
jeffpb3

Don't give up on a refi just because of this one bad company.  I recommend you call a local credit union and see what they can offer.  They often have better rates than banks.

mojoup65

Submit to the Community