Question

colbail

Has anyone used Blue Harbor Auto Loan to refinance an auto loan?
I want to refinance my auto loan...is Blue Harbor Auto Loan, a good company to use?

And the nightmare continues.

I refinanced my car with Blue Harbor about a year ago at a signicantly lower rate than what I was paying previously. They sold my husband an extended warranty, which turned out to be completely useless, but that is beside the point. I traded my car in, so obviously the dealership wrote a check for my loan, including the extended warranty. I called a few times to ensure that my warranty would be shipped to me and not the credit company I finananced with. After a few phone calls to straighten my address out, they told me it would be about 2-3 weeks before I received my refund check. After FOUR weeks had gone by, I called again. Apparently 'all of the refund checks that went out in the mail last week were lost'. BULL CRAP. Nadia, (who sounds like she's half asleep when you speak to her), assured me that the checks were sent out again on Friday. At this point, I was extremely frustrated and requested some time of proof that my check had been sent out. She 'went to check with accounting' and OH MY GOODNESS my check had not been sent out. Surprise, SURPRISE! She 'overnighted' the check to me. Thank goodness the ordeal was over! Or was it. I received a FedEx confirmation email on Tuesday PM and I was to receive my package containing my refund check on Thursday afternoon. When it never came, I called FedEx. They said that the package was never dropped off at their facility, the shipping label had only been created, and the deilvery time was an estimate. I type this as I am attempting to get ahold of Nadia, but too bad her voicemail is full. Probably with more clients who are equally as unhappy with the customer service, I would assume. I wonder if she ever calls them back? I purchased my car on May 7; it is now almost JULY and I do not have any answers, or my money. Stay far away from this company, for your own sanity. 

inacommando

Pretty easy to spot the paid reviews from their wording alone. Right, Surfertown?

Stay Away!

CreditKarma showed a potential savings of over $100 a month due to a lower interest rate BASED UPON MY CREDIT SCORE. I was "approved" by Blue Harbor but they said they couldn't offer a lower rate, only a longer term. Now I just wasted a credit inquiry and accomplished nothing. Also the rep was not warm at all.

cmgsassy43

Thank you for your imput I was actually considering on refinancing through Blue Harbor now that I've seen all the negitive responces Im going to stick with the finance co. that at least I can trust.

Thanks everyone

I am so happy for this feedback because I was about to make the mistake of going with them. If they are so horrible, why is creditkarma even presenting them as a option. I am sure they see this feedback as well; therefore they should have kicked them off the list of creditors that they will offer to customers that use their website. Now this makes me think twice about them.....

DO NOT USE BLUE HARBOR AUTO FOR ANY LOAN

I have been working with Blue Harbor Auto for a couple months now to refinance my vehicle.   My credit issues stemmed from several bouts with Cancer which left me with thousands of dollars of medical collections which blew up my credit score.

I connected to Blue Harbor through CreditKarma, but due to the personality and attitude of one of their representatives, I gained a comfort level that I now find was unfounded.  I even expressed my concern about the number of BAD reviews I found about them as well as someone they were financing me through, Carfinance LLC.

I provided everything they requested and needed but as I spoke with a few people handling my paperwork, I realized that one hand didn't know what the other was doing.  It seemed to be a confused mess of people acting like they knew what they were doing but in fact, did not.

I GOT SO FED UP WITH THEIR LACK OF ORGANIZATION THAT I FINALLY HAD TO CANCEL THE LOAN AS IT IS NOT WORTH ALL THE ATTENTION AND FOCUS  IT WAS TAKING AWAY FROM MY WORK WHEN BLUE HARBOR JUST COULDN'T GET THEMSELVES AND THEIR PEOPLE ORGANIZED.

Do what you want, ignore all the comments and proceed with them if you want but it will most likely have disastrous consequences!  My credit now had two more dings on it from them and Carfinance LLC.

MY ADVICE:  Heed all the warnings! DON'T WALK BUT RATHER RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Most Helpful Response

do not deal with them complete incompete

They did a loan package with the wrong amounts to be paid off on the loan and then they sent the funds to the wrong lender who proceeded to pay off the balance on the wrong car.  You have to be a masochist to deal with them.  Run like hell.

Don't use this company

Please don't use this company, that's the worse experience I ever had. They made waste 3 weeks for nothing. I'm going directly to the bank to get my loan. I regret so much using their service. Feel free to e-mail if you want more detailes. apamendes@yahoo.com....... By the way, all the good reviews here are fake. 

NO! Stay away!

Once you receive your score from Credit Karma you are led to believe that your score qualifies you for 1 of 3 Blue Harbor auto refi options. Those options are obviously better than what you currently have. Its a big waste of time. You call in after you have completed the process and you talk to a guy that transfers you to Steffan. I gave the operator my name and infor and Steffan answers the phone so unprofessional. Thiiiis iiiiis Steffan. A professional would greet you with "Good afternoon Bill" What a joke. The end result was, "Oh I can't help you" What a scam. I'm going to have the AG look into their practices.

Thanks for the warnings!

Thanks everyone for putting out the warning on this company!  I thought a 3% loan on a 5 year old car sounded too good to be true. I was hoping to cut my monthly payment in half, but no such luck.  I'll just stick with my US Bank loan.