Great Credit Except For Lack of Credit Cards
I just wanted to check my credit as I haven't done so in a couple of years. I have never had an open credit card however I pay my student loans every single month on time. They are for a large amount each month which have really helped my credit. I have high grades on my "credit report card" except for the actual credit card section. Because I have never had an actual credit card this seems to take my credit down. All of my other scores are great except for this! I don't want to open a credit card but I also don't want to have average or low credit because I don't want a credit card.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how else to improve my score? Or when I need to show my credit again like when I look for apartments or someday a car, will they only look at my number or will they look further in and see all of my details?

You are considered as "thin file" which means you have too few accounts or not enough of a mix of credit between revolving accounts and loans. In order to boost your credit score, you'll need a credit card (I suggest a secured credit card to start with) and know how to use it responsibly. I know a lot of people are concerned about racking up credit card debt and maxing out their cards, but there is no need to use them in that manner. Just simply spend about $20 a month, then pay the balance in full by the due date would be enough to show usage and would be a good way to build your credit score.

Credit Cards

While this doesn't work for everyone, I've always treated my credit card exactly as I would a debit card, spending only what I already had in my account. I trained myself to not think of it like "Well by the time the bill comes I'll have my next paycheck so really I can afford this now..." It's resulted in 100% perfect payments for the life of the card. I was also mindful that even though the limit was say, $1,000.00 it was in my best interest to not exceed about $300 to $350 in order to keep my debt-to-credit ratio low. 

A good idea for you might be to get a card and then use it for a recurring fixed price bill each month, like a cable or internet bill. Set up automatic payments on the card, then automatic payments from your bank to pay the card. Again, it's not a solution for everyone, but you can maintain control! Good luck!