Question

HeyMrsRobinson

Credit Card on Account went delinquent though NOT my fault, can I get it removed?
An account I paid off in Aug 2016 apparently was getting a $2.00 fee every month since, and I never received a bill. The fees compiled every month to a total of $14.00, which I'm fine to pay BUT every month added an unpaid mark and then the card went delinquent. I finally saw this on my Credit Report and contacted the company, which said they didn't have my Unit number to send me bills (which I had gotten fine in the past). My 780 score, with zero late payments in 10 years now dropped to 680. I was planning on buying a House in a few months! I feel like this was the credit card company's fault. The never called me, or sent me and email, when my bills were returned to them because of a problem with my address. And since I had paid the card off 6 months ago, I didn't know I owned them, to check it myself. Any advice? Please help!

It's your card & therefore your responsibility to keep up with your accounts. Blaming the cc company will get you nowhere. My suggestion would be to write a goodwill letter explaining politely why you didn't pay the bill. Continue with stating you appologize for missing the fees and ask for a courtesy removal of the remarks in reference to the fees. This doesn't always work but many have good success with goodwill letters,

ladycredit1

I second Physh1's response. I empathise with you, but from what I have learned through other peoples experiences is that "I did not recieve the bill" is not an excuse honored by companies (cc, electricity, phone etc.). I agree that it is not your fault, because you simply did not know, but they will likely say it was your responsibility. In addition to postal mail, I would send a humble email cc'ing mulitiple divisions or levels of the company. Tell them your situation, and how loyal and resonsible a customer you have been. ymmv

Good Luck

Please keep us updated.

Tgmmd1

Hello PHYsh1,

Try writing  a Letter of Goodwill to the cc company. It might work, it helped me. Good luck!

MsRobinson

Similair situation happen to me. Bank not finding my account so I was charged late fees even after I told them the money was in the account. I closed the accounts. Still got a low credit score. Didn't seem fair to me.

You can call the CC company and explain what happen and they can remove the late payment. You can also dispute it here on CK. 

Workers Comp Claim never fully processed

I had an emergency bill on my credit report, which should have been paid through workers comp. I was unaware of the process involved, anyway somewhere along the was the ball was dropped and I was stuck with the bill. I am going to try and have it backbilled though I was told it might be denied since the origional date has been over a year. If they will not cover the claim, How can I have this removed from my report?