Credit Card late for $10 by 60 days and Score reduced from 799 to 678 help remove negative/improve
I have been a longstanding customer with Bank of America and had gotten the BOFA visa card which did not use very much. I forgot the $10 amount on it and went overdue for 60 days. This happened in 2010. I am trying to refinance a mortgage and my score was negatively impacted by ~100 points because of $10! How can I

1. Get the negative to be removed from my report
2. How much can the score improve if this is removed
3. Any other suggestions for improving credit (I have an Amex card which pay in full set to auto pay every month). I had a car loan which is paid in full. So dont have any debts

I am paying for the mortgage half every month but am not on the loan since during refinance discovered that my score had dropped since original loan. I get no credit for the mortgage payments I make every month since am not on the loan, and am financially responsible.

Also finally - I am not certain that making payments in full everymonth for credit card does not help credit score. Is this true?

Unfortunately there is likely nothing you can do about the late payment. Your only chance is to call BoA and argue with a manager which will probably not work. I was advised to try to send a goodwill letter (google it); however I have since been rejected by both creditors i tried with despite a stellar history for 4 years since.  Their reasoning is that since it is accurately reported they are required by law to report it. I have noticed that this is a consistent trend for everyone else who has tried to get correctly reported late payments removed. Also, the amount of the late payment does not matter in its effect on your score, that $10 60 day is no different than a $1,000 60 day. I would try to send a goodwill letter and/or call and speak to a manager at BoA, but unfortunately I doubt it will be successful.  The manager at my credit union told me that as time passes it will affect your score less and less (until 7 years when it completely falls off of your credit) and my credit union specifically disregards them after about 2 years if you have perfect history since, so maybe you should join a credit union who make their own loan determinations and don't just send your application off to underwriters in a corporate office like BoA does.

Making payments in full each month on your credit cards does help your score. You want to charge something every month (gas, groceries, whatever) and when your statement comes pay the Statement Balance off in full. That increases your on-time payment history, and shows proper utilization of credit.