Question

Kmichd

3 credit cards, how much should I pay on each?
I have around $7k in cash coming my way. Trying to decide how best to use it. Credit Card #1: APR 21% ~$3,000 owed. #2: APR 20.5% $6300 owed. #3 APR 17.5% ~$4000 owed. When you pay off a credit card, are they quick to offer you a balance transfer afterward? I was thinking of paying off card #3. Then, if a balance transfer is offered, I can transfer card #1 &/or #2.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Once you get that third card paid off, keep your usage no higher than 10% so you are able to pay the statement balance in full every month so you are not wasting money on interest payments.

Pay off card numers 1 and 3, which brings their balances to zero. This gives you one card left to attack, which you need to pay down as fast and as hard as you can.
--

You will find that with two cards done, the interest you save will give you a lot of extra money to throw at the remaining card, which in turn allows you to pay it down faster.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next