Question

janer2185

You just helped me get a new balance transfer card which ended up being for $500. please contact me.
I think you are misleading customers. How can a $500 card help me transfer a balance when I applied for $2800. bal. transfer. Now I have yet another card and my score just dropped. I will be reporting this to the Better business Bureau. I should have been denied if I could only get $500 credit card.

Most Helpful Response

You applied for credit, and got credit based on your score they felt they could only offer what they did.  How is this wrong or bad?  Also please note that this is just people like yourself on these boards, no one that works for Credit Karama comes on here.  A suggestion the nest time you set a limit on any type of lending, talk to the people you are appling with, and ask what the minimum they might give, and ask if you can refuse the terms once a credit check has been done.  This would have still hurt your score a touch by the inquiry, but not hurt average age of credit.

Also in your case the new card might be a very good thing, if you use it wisely, as it will help develope a larger credit history.  The negative effects will wear off within a few months, and you will be on the road to showing good credit usage.