The World of Hyatt® rewards program is one of the most valuable rewards programs you can join.
With as little as 3,500 points, World of Hyatt members can book free nights at Hyatt brand locations around the world. World of Hyatt is free to join and offers lots of ways to earn and use points.
Plus, members can qualify for additional in-hotel benefits with Milestone Rewards and Hyatt Elite status.
Here’s everything you need to know about maximizing World of Hyatt rewards.
How to earn World of Hyatt points
The best way to earn World of Hyatt points is with the World Of Hyatt Credit Card. But members can also earn points when they spend money at Hyatt hotels and resorts or with one of Hyatt’s travel partners.
Plus, cardholders automatically receive World of Hyatt Discoverist elite status.
Let’s take a closer look at each option.
Use the World Of Hyatt Credit Card
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card offers cardholders points for Hyatt stays, dining, flights and more. Here’s how you can earn points with the card.
- Hyatt hotel stays — You’ll earn 5 points per $1 spent just for being a World of Hyatt member, plus an additional 4 bonus points for every $1 spent at Hyatt hotels and other participating locations. This makes 9 total points per $1 spent every time you stay at Hyatt.
- Dining out — Eating at eligible restaurants earns you 2 bonus points per $1 spent.
- Flights — Purchase tickets directly from the airline to earn 2 bonus points per $1 spent.
- Transportation — Using your card to pay for transit, tolls and rideshares earns you 2 bonus points per $1 spent.
- Gym memberships — Pay for gym membership dues with your card to get 2 bonus points for every $1 spent.
- Everyday expenses — You’ll get 2 bonus point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases on up to $15,000 in the first six months, after which you’ll earn 1 point per $1.
It also comes with a generous sign-up bonus of up to 60,000 bonus points. You’ll earn 30,000 bonus points by spending $3,000 in purchases during your first 3 months after account opening. Plus, you can collect up to 30,000 more bonus points by earning two bonus points per $1 (on up to $15,000 spent) during the first six months you have the card.
The card does have a $95 annual fee, but you can offset this with an annual free night in a hotel, which you’ll earn every year on your card member anniversary. Plus, you can get an extra free night if you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year.
Stay or meet up at a hotel
Even if you don’t have the World Of Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll still earn five base points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties. This also includes purchases made with dining and spa services, plus stays at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World and MGM resorts.
And if you plan to have a meeting or event at a Hyatt location, you’ll earn one bonus point for every $1 spent, up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus points.
Spend money with travel partners
World of Hyatt members can earn one bonus point for every $1 spent on American Airlines flights by linking their World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage® accounts.
Other ways to earn World of Hyatt points through travel partners include …
- Earning miles with airline partners — Choose from more than 25 airline partners to transfer the points you’ve earned with qualifying stays at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts.
- Renting a car with Avis — Earn up to 500 bonus points and receive a 25% discount off base rates.
- Booking an experience — Earn 5 base points per $1 spent, plus credit toward Hyatt Elite status and a $250 on-board credit, when you book an international Lindblad experience. Or you can earn 10 base points per $1 spent when you choose from one of more than 200 eligible Find experiences.
Hyatt is a Chase Ultimate Rewards travel partner. So you can transfer your Ultimate Rewards points into a World of Hyatt account at a 1:1 value. That’s a huge perk if you happen to own one of the Chase credit cards that earns Ultimate Rewards points.
How to redeem World of Hyatt points
But to maximize the value of your points, you’ll want to be careful how you choose to redeem them. For example, your points are likely to go much farther if you use them to book a hotel stay than if you transfer them to an airline partner.
Let’s take a closer look at your redemption options.
1. Redeem your points for free nights at any Hyatt location
The award chart breaks down how many points you’ll need to book an award night at a participating hotel. But here are a few things that are important to know to help you maximize your points.
- Award nights are categorized as off-peak, standard and peak.
- You can choose from Category 1 through Category 8 properties.
- There are four room types, including standard, club, standard suite and premium suite.
The number of points you’ll need to use for an award night will depend on the date you want to book, the category of the hotel and the type of room.
You can also opt to combine points with cash to book a room — or use your points for a room upgrade (for a room booked with cash).
2. Get perks with Milestone Rewards
As a World of Hyatt member, you can earn Milestone Rewards based on the number of nights you stay each year. To start using these rewards, you’ll have to stay a minimum of 20 nights or earn 35,000 base points within the calendar year.
With Milestone Rewards, you can get extras like lounge access, Hyatt gift cards, suite upgrades and bonus points.
3. Transfer your points
World of Hyatt allows members to transfer their points to more than 25 airline partners. But you’ll only receive 500 miles for every 1,250 points that you convert (a 2.5:1 ratio). And a minimum of 5,000 points must be transferred per conversion request.
Members can also redeem their points for Avis rental car certificates. For each 6,000 points that are redeemed, you’ll receive one free day for an intermediate-size car.
4. Treat yourself to a meal, spa or other perks
If you’re looking to indulge in a meal or spa treatment, you can redeem your points for dining and spa treatments at participating locations. And you don’t have to be a hotel guest to use them.
You can also cash in your points at checkout when staying at participating locations for extras like in-room movies and parking.
But you’ll need at least 1,000 World of Hyatt reward points ($10 credit) to qualify.
5. Host a meeting or event
If you’re planning to book a meeting or event at a participating location, you can put your World of Hyatt points toward the cost as a meeting credit. But you’ll need at least 15,000 points to earn a $200 credit.
6. Share your points
If you have a friend or family member who’s also a World of Hyatt member, you can transfer your bonus points and eligible rewards — like free hotel nights, points plus cash and room upgrades — to their account. This could be a great gift option for someone special in your life who loves to travel.
As you earn points or book stays, you’ll also have the chance to move up World of Hyatt’s Elite status tiers. There are three tiers beyond basic membership, but to qualify for any of the Elite status tiers, you’ll have to earn the following:
- Discoverist — 25,000 base points, 5 nights, 3 meetings or events or have the World Of Hyatt Credit Card
- Explorist — 50,000 base points, 30 nights or 10 meetings and events
- Globalist — 100,000 base points, 60 nights or 20 meetings and events
To learn more about what each tier offers, check out our guide to Hyatt Elite status.