Question

Rob497

Would it be better to payoff 1 credit card, or pay down 2 by 40%?
I have a set dollar amount and i'd like to know which would help my credit more.

Most Helpful Response

I was about to ask the same question. I have multiple credit cards and have a high utilization on most. I am getting a lump sum of money that I want to use to pay down my credit scores to improve my utilization scores. I was also wondering if it is better to pay off a couple of cards and have others at high utilization or to make equal payments on each to lower the utilization but not pay off any cards.

Not enough info.  Lower utilization and fewer balances is better.  You just have to do the math to determine how to best apply the funds you have.

Same here

I have a large amount of debt, some of which is in credit cards, some for my car.  Various interest rates, some 0% for a few more months. I have sold a house and want to buy another.  What is the best way to handle the proceeds from my house, pay down vs pay off debt?

Same here