Question

loyal4sure

Will on-time payments on a closed credit card account help my score?
I had a credit card that maxed out in October 2013. The balance was 5800 with a 5500 limit. It was overdue for nearly 6 months. I closed the account (not knowing what the effect would be) and my credit reports shows on-time payments for the past 6 months. I also paid off $75 of debt collection and had $600 of debt collection REMOVED. my score went up 16 points on credit karma and 30 points on my FICO score from my credit card statement. I dont know which of these actions cause the increase in my score.