Question

IAmSanders

Will getting a second card help my report look better?
There are multiple parts to my question, so any input to any part is greatly appreciated!
Background info:
I'm 22, a student, got my first line of credit last May (Discover it. Just got a 2500 CLI!), and my score is ~740.

1) I was recommended to get a second card by a friend. Apparently, it looks better to have more than one card?
2) If I go ahead and get a second card, wouldn't it improve my average age of credit in the long run? How much does that help?
3) Is Amex Blue Everyday card a good one to apply for? Do certain cards look better to lenders?
4) I already have 3 inquiries (one falls off in 2 months; the others in a year). Is it a bad idea to apply with that many?

***5) Apparently I forgot that I applied and got denied for an Amex card in September of last year.... Is it a bad idea to reapply? At the time I had a mid 600 score.

I personally believe I'm overthinking this and should either just apply or not apply and move on. I'm just one of those people I guess... ha

Thanks for any help!