Question

stewarla91

What to do with my closed credit card balances?
I have three credit cards that were closed for nonpayment at the end of 2012. Of course I did not find out they were closed until January when I had finally improved my financial situation, I got them up to date in January, and I have made payments on all of these accounts every month for the past 7 months.
Now I owe a total of about $3,700 on these accounts that are all closed, but not in collections. 1 has high interest and I owe $3,000, one I owe $400 balance and I'm somehow not paying any interest, and the third one is high interest but only $300 balance. What is the best way to handle these accounts for the sake of my credit score. Should I continue to pay off the debt as I can afford? I am a full time independent worker and student, and this could take another year, or should I settle with them? What will be better for my wounded credit score in the long run? Help?

Credit cards open or closed?

It is best to keep accounts open (gives you longer credit history) but to also keep them in good standing. I hope this helps!